Comparing Poles

Options
So, I'm looking at getting my own pole for dancing at home. The problem is, I can't decide with pole to get.

I've narrowed it down to a 45mm brass X-Pert X-Pole and a 45mm brass Platinum Stage removable one-piece.

Has anyone tried both and willing to share their thoughts? Any recommendations for a different brand?

Replies

• x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have an original 50mm TG X-Pole, and I'm about over it. I think I would feel better about it if I actually had a ceiling mount instead of that annoying dome. I'm really interested in getting a powder coated Lil Mynx rotator, but I haven't decided if I want to stick with 50mm or give 45mm a try.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a 45mm brass xpole and a 45 mm lil' mynx stainless steel. I used to have a 50 mm chrome xpole.

I like the xpole just fine, but I prefer the stainless steel. Finish preference is influenced by body chemistry, so what works for one person might not work for another.

I've never used a platinum stages pole, but I like the xpoles just fine. Especially if you need to move it around. I really like my lil'mynx, but I don't like that you can only go 8-9 ft or 9-10 ft, and I don't like that the top is unusable. With xpole you just buy additional pieces for different ceiling heights.
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also have a 45 mm brass xpole at home. :) I like that occasionally I can take it down to take with me when I travel somewhere. So easy to adjust to different ceilings. Recently, I discovered though that my skin likes stainless steel better for grip.

Anyway, during a workshop I got to try the stage. It was ok although for playing with new moves I do prefer the added stability that comes with the floor-to-ceiling poles,