Do you have Rudy's BBQ?

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
I go through phases. Phases where meat is my #1 and phases where VEG is my #1.
Right now it's meat.

Hubs is working overtime, so I thought: why not!
I stopped at Rudy's and got 1LB of brisket, 1LB of pork loin and half a chicken.
(and a slice of pecan pie for hubs).

Then I went to whole foods and got a huge container of a beautiful asparagus, red pepper salad

And a big container of fresh olives.

HEAVEN. Hubs was thrilled to come home to see this all waiting for him.

And a bottle of pinot grigio.
yes, fairly expensive, but worth it.

And it will last a while.

Replies

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    YES I have Rudy's. Fiance and I are now regulars.
    I usually get the pork ribs. I also sometimes rotate through pork loin, turkey, and half chicken for lefties. I take that to work and slather mayo on it.
    Fiance is also keto and has been singing the praises of their brisket for some time.

-T.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the ribs in a while. I do love them. The only thing I don't like is the pulled pork, which is unfortunate, because I love it. But I don't love theirs.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Dang it, now I want Rudy's. And I can't go driving 5 hours to get it any time soon...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm from Canada and wondered "who the heck is Rudy, and why would anyone want to steal his grill??" LOL, now I know. I hate ribs and bones in chicken or steak, lol. Even when I was little it was only breast meat for me (turkey or chicken) and I got Mum or Dad to cut away any yucky bone or meat fat bits off of my steak. I've had ribs once in my life, just to be polite at someone's house.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    No we don't!!! After seeing your dinner I wish we had!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This is my fiance's Prime Rib treat from Rudy's:
    30nu83nuamcw.jpg

I also tend to have problems with structures in meat (bones and such), but have come to terms with it somewhat. Besides, fiance loves seeing me engage in a primal chow-down on ribs. >_>

-T.