Are there any other VSG forums?

Options
ssbeadlady
ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
I am new to the site awaiting my first consultation and looking for VSG forums. I plan to stay here but thought some on you with the VSG might be in other forums that are active. I did find a few but they aren't very active.
Thanks

Replies

• jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am on 2-3 on Facebook too. I could spend all day reading comments and questions so get picky on the topics posted. There is a lot of good information out there, but note that different doctors have different directions and such. It will confuse you if you try to follow the diet or schedule of advancement that your "friend" was told to follow. You should follow your own doctor's or team's directions for you and use the forum's advice to lead you to ask questions of your team. The forums are great though for recipes, encouragement, inspiration and are available to you 24-7. I am happy to be part of several.
  • RDAbreu
    RDAbreu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with Reddit? In (very) simple terms, it is a huge discussion forum/imageboard, divided into smaller, specific forums called "subreddits", or simply "subs".

There are plenty of subreddits dedicated to weight loss and bariatric surgery, but I recommend Weight Loss Surgery, which is one of the more active, friendly and supportive ones.

Just a heads up: Reddit can seem a little overwhelming at first, since it is one of the largest and more active websites in the world and all content is user generated, mostly without previous intervention from moderators. Nevertheless, if you can power through the first couple of days and get used to the simple interface and how things work, its also one of the best sources of information, about pretty much any subject, available online. It is a little weird, but it works really well (if you can steer away from the trolls, of course).
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the links. I never heard of Reddit so I checked that one out first. I think I can handle it. I am still waiting to have my first consultation which is Wed. Am just looking to see what other experienced with the sleeve, nothing specific as I am sure no 2 Doctors, or programs would be the same.