HI!

Options
bribri606
bribri606 Posts: 16 Member
Hello,
My name is Bri, I am 24 and in college. I live in Kentucky where I go to school and work full time for a call center. I have a fur baby that is 5 months old and is just the best, he is a Doberman Pinscher and his name is Apollo. I also live with my boyfriend of 5 years. I am looking to lose 120 pounds total, but short term goal is just 10 pounds. Looking to make new friends and give and get encouragement. It has been hard working and going to school to find time to exercise, I am at one or the other everyday of the week, but now that I am out for summer I am kicking up the exercise, and the puppy loves to go out and do things. We are walking and hiking and he loves swimming in the lake, so he is a big encouragement to get out there and get moving. Nice to meet you and I hope that we can be encouraging in this group and all see success together!

Replies

• GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bribri606 wrote: »
    Hello,
    My name is Bri, I am 24 and in college. I live in Kentucky where I go to school and work full time for a call center. I have a fur baby that is 5 months old and is just the best, he is a Doberman Pinscher and his name is Apollo. I also live with my boyfriend of 5 years. I am looking to lose 120 pounds total, but short term goal is just 10 pounds. Looking to make new friends and give and get encouragement. It has been hard working and going to school to find time to exercise, I am at one or the other everyday of the week, but now that I am out for summer I am kicking up the exercise, and the puppy loves to go out and do things. We are walking and hiking and he loves swimming in the lake, so he is a big encouragement to get out there and get moving. Nice to meet you and I hope that we can be encouraging in this group and all see success together!

thanks for joining Bri, you are certainly going to meet that goal plus so much more. My goal is at least 20 pounds by August 15 at least that's what i'm hoping for. Any concerns or anything you want to discuss we are all going to be in this together! We are now 7 strong and growing!
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Bri, so glad to see you here! We can all share our tips and words of encouragement! Here's to a FUN journey!
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I also work in a call center! Depending on the shift it can be difficult to have healthy food around, and then the stress of call centers alone... Nice to meet you too!
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    I work a stressful job and never have time to make anything while i'm there so I pack quick and easy healthy foods. It's your best bet to try and stay on track. I even pack dry cereal usually cheerios to snack on as it's only 100 calories in them, and lots of fruits and vegies. Lately i've been making a ham sandwich using a 100% whole grain bread. You've got this!
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Bri, nice to meet you - I just joined this morning. I am setting mini goals for myself for 10 pound increments. I think preparation and organization are key to helping us lose weight - at least that's been my experience. Having healthy snacks on hand that you can graize on during your shift will really help you as I can appreciate how stressful and busy a call center environment can be.
  • bribri606
    Options
    I think that it's awesome to have encouragement and help along the way. I would like to make my food diary open to the public. Does anyone know how I can do that? It's so nice to meet others that work in a call center. I have 60 min lunches and usually don't do much, but starting yesterday, after eating, I will be using my last 30 mins of lunch walking (when it's not raining) There is a nice road that runs behind our work building that I will be using. I hope that it make a difference, I will also be taking the puppy out for walks every night. Last night we completed a 45 min walk up and down our road. We both slept so good last night. Tonight we will be adding 5 minutes to that walk to make it 50 mins. I plan on adding 5 minutes every night until we are at an hour and a half. I like to walk, but Kentucky where I live can get so humid, I am hoping to take him to the lake on Wednesday after training school! B)
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bri,
    Go under the My Fitness Pal Bar, Settings, Sharing &Privacy, Diary Sharing. I have mine set to friends only. Glad you are willing to share. I know not everyone wants to do this, but I am grateful for the ones that are comfortable with this. It's nice to see how they are making their weight loss goals happen.
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think that it's awesome to have encouragement and help along the way. I would like to make my food diary open to the public. Does anyone know how I can do that? It's so nice to meet others that work in a call center. I have 60 min lunches and usually don't do much, but starting yesterday, after eating, I will be using my last 30 mins of lunch walking (when it's not raining) There is a nice road that runs behind our work building that I will be using. I hope that it make a difference, I will also be taking the puppy out for walks every night. Last night we completed a 45 min walk up and down our road. We both slept so good last night. Tonight we will be adding 5 minutes to that walk to make it 50 mins. I plan on adding 5 minutes every night until we are at an hour and a half. I like to walk, but Kentucky where I live can get so humid, I am hoping to take him to the lake on Wednesday after training school! B)

That's awesome! Every little bit helps, whether it's 5 minutes or 30! Keep on keepin' on! :) Call centers are definitely worlds of their own. LOL. If you ever want or need help or advice there, too, I'm happy to help! I work for a cable company call center in Denver.

• bribri606
    Options
    Thank you! my diary should now be public.
  • bribri606
    Options

That's awesome! Every little bit helps, whether it's 5 minutes or 30! Keep on keepin' on! :) Call centers are definitely worlds of their own. LOL. If you ever want or need help or advice there, too, I'm happy to help! I work for a cable company call center in Denver.
    Oh! I work for a company that does college stuff. We have a lot of different departments, but I am an L2 support agent for financial aid office for a school in AZ, NAU. I work mostly with my L1 agents and not the actual clients which I love. I love helping them with assisting their student's from behind the scenes.
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open for friends. This should also help me stay on track and accountable. Well, here's hoping anyway. ;)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    I don't want to open mine till I learn a better way of eating once I know i'm well on track i'll start opening it to the public. But just keeping track and entering everything I eat and drink does hold me accountable so it's a step in the right direction for me! I do like checking out diaries as it gives me ideas as to what to eat so I don't get bored and sometimes it's something simple I would not have thought of!
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for friends. I want to loose weight for my holiday initially but after that back on it to loose weight for my health. I work in a school and find it very tricky avoiding all the sweets and biscuits in the staff room.
    Long days and paperwork make it hard for me to get the motivation to exercise but trying to walk lots with the husband.

We can do this guys x
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It's not easy avoiding those sweets, we usually have someone in the office bringing in a treat or some sort or someone off to go get some treats and coffees. I am thankful my office is out of the way so I stay back there if I can and avoid it. I do data entry so I have mountains of paperwork waiting for me every day so I bring my snacks and get it all done and walk home, about a 30 walk so it's some exercise at least. Glad your husband walks with you as mine just says have fun and take the dog!
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    He's a star bless him. I couldn't walk home as its twelve miles to work! We can't have a dog as we work twelve hour days with no chance to pop home and walk the dog.
  • bribri606
    Options
    I tend to keep eating somewhat the same way just way less. I think that this will help till I drop a little weight and I know that I will have to start getting creative. :)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It's a good way to start Bri that way you don't feel like you are depriving yourself from food you love, go portion control at first and then work in the healthier choices and you'll see you can eat so much more once you throw in all those low calorie vegies etc. The other day I could barely walk I was so full and all I had was a piece of boneless skinless chicken breast, squash and brussel spourts in butter, it was delicious and it was well under 300 calories.
  • bribri606
    Options
    That's awesome! Tonight I am making some hawiian chicken in the crock pot for lunch tomorrow at work. BBQ sauce and pineapple and chicken! I can't wait! I didn't get my 50 min walk in today. It is very humid where I live and I have asthma so it was hard for me to breathe and I was dripping sweat after 20, so me and the pup decided that was enough for tonight, going to try some beginner yoga before bed to get in a little more exercise in the house. Disappointed I quit walking but 20 is better then nothing!
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It's more then i've done today, started watching Bones the season pack and well i'm addicted now and can't seem to move but on a good note i've drank 9 glasses on water while sitting here and no snacks!
  • bribri606
    Options
    Oh I love bones. I've only watched a few episodes but it's really good. Even walking for that 20 mins makes me feel better about myself, hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier and we can go for longer