Surgery 6-15-15

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I have to say that thanks to everyone here I feel pretty calm about my surgery on Monday. Knowledge is power and I feel ready for the changes that are coming my way. That's not to say there won't be tough days ahead, but I know how quickly the first few weeks will fly by. I'll do my best to give you all an update next week. I'm sure I'll have 20 new questions. Thanks for all of your wisdom and for sharing your experiences here. I'm proud to be joining your club :)

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Such an exciting time for you! So many good changes will be coming your way. I wish you a fast and easy recovery! Please keep us posted!
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted, good luck, and remember: Sip and Walk, Sip and Walk. :) You'll do great!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! Think positive thoughts and it'll be over before you know it.
  • brendanewstart2014
    brendanewstart2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You will do just fine. The first 3 to 4 days are rough, but then it just gets better from there!
  • josorenson74
    josorenson74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am excited for you. Hopefully I will be approved for my surgery soon, keep us updated and have a speedy recovery.
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You will do great! The time does really fly by I'm a little over a month out and it sow times feel like the surgery was a couple days ago.
  • rnin02
    rnin02 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have my surgery on 6/16 :) it's an exciting week coming up! Good luck!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Don't forget gas strips!!!
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You will be a great success. You have been working on this, and stretching yourself to do more all along the way. Keep yourself healthy by following doctor's orders and using the knowledge that you have been gathering. Soon you will be outside walking again and enjoying your family in a whole new way. Keep us updated on your progress and how you are feeling.
  • BabeDeNoc
    BabeDeNoc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So excited for you. Its the start of an amazing journey.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You've got this! This will be the best decision you ever make for your health. We're here for you when you've recovered.
  • heathergshea
    heathergshea Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Walk as much as you can! My worst issue was the gas pain and the minor breakdown from protein shake overload. Had my surgery 4/27 and all of that seems like a distant memory!!
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck on Monday! I'll be sending good thoughts. You will do great. And I agree, walk as much and as soon as you can!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • valschlecht
    valschlecht Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day! I am praying for your surgery to go smoothly, that you have an easy recovery and that you lose weight steadily. Remember, today is a great day for pictures. That ones of your whole body, problem areas, some fully dressed to show others, some not so public for your eyes only. It's the only time you will be able to take these exact photos and it is thrilling to compare later images of your body to today. Welcome to your journey. God's blessings!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree with @valschlecht!! As much as I didn't want to take pics, I'm now glad I did. I haven't posted them (and don't know if I ever will), but I'm so glad to have them for me. I'll also suggest taking measurements as well- I find that having those helps when the scale isn't moving, I can see that I'm still moving in the right direction. Have a wonderful day, get a good night's sleep, and good luck tomorrow!!!
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers! Keep us posted!!
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. The first day is the worst - hang in there and walk, walk, walk.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I have to say that thanks to everyone here I feel pretty calm about my surgery on Monday. Knowledge is power and I feel ready for the changes that are coming my way. That's not to say there won't be tough days ahead, but I know how quickly the first few weeks will fly by. I'll do my best to give you all an update next week. I'm sure I'll have 20 new questions. Thanks for all of your wisdom and for sharing your experiences here. I'm proud to be joining your club :)

Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes well and you have very little pain. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. I am still waiting to see the Dr for the first time so I have no idea what you will be going through.