Looking to add some accountability buddies :)

Options
makeitnasty184
makeitnasty184 Posts: 48 Member
Hi!

Not so new to this, I joined last year and lost 27 pounds. Gained a little less than half back. Getting back on track, trying to lose the last 25 or so pounds for good this time.

I'm looking for people to encourage/provide encouragement. Maybe swap recipes (I generally eat a high fat diet, no refined carbs, carbs mainly from fruits, veggies and dairy. I wouldn't say I'm low carb, but it is a by-product of eating the foods that make me feel best and lose the most weight). I am a big fan of Erica Hermans book Eat Like a Fatass Look Like a Goddess and try to adhere to what she recommends.

I like to work out, but feel so meh about it these days. I want to breathe new life into this goal of mine. I came so close to reaching it and I don't want to fail again.

Anyways, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Tashaberry89
    Tashaberry89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not so new to this either. I've been at this a few years. Last year I did really well and lost 25 pounds however I have put back on 10 of those due to the stress eating during my resent breakup. I would love to have a little extra motivation.

My aunt and I go to the gym three times a week. She is 52 and an amazing motivation. But I would like someone a little closer to my own age to chat with :)
  • ronald3haney
    ronald3haney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new at this, I've been using it for about 5 days now.
  • sarahanne7843
    sarahanne7843 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this too! I only just started a couple of days ago, I'm also looking for some motivation and accountability from people around my age!!
  • dixiebellle
    dixiebellle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! My name is Auri and I'm 25. I'm new to this group! (as well as MFP!) I have struggled with weight my entire life and I'm ready to finally put it all behind me. I have lost 30-50 lbs in the past, but was never successful at keeping it off. My first goal is to reach losing 100lbs! I hope I get to meet some of you guys and encourage you on your journeys as well! :)
  • HeatherStroud10
    HeatherStroud10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, Im looking to add some people who get on MFP regularly to encourage each other in our weight loss goals! I started at 230 and I am now at 179 with a goal of 165! The hardest is yet to come and I could definitely use some more friends for encouragement!!
  • MS_Hibiscus
    MS_Hibiscus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Mayu and 22. I've used MFP at times in the past and worked well for a few weeks but always forget and loose track and it all goes south. I'm working on small term goals as I've got a long way to go. Looking to get back on to it and need some motivation from people in the same boat to stop me from quitting/forgetting ha!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as well. Trying to add everyone. I have lost 25lbs, but have gained 7 back due to stress and emotional eating and life in general! Looking to succeed this time around. Lost 40lbs on WW and gained 60 back... this time i'll keep it off for good!
  • tet86962
    tet86962 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Tara and I would love some friends to keep me accountable! Recently graduated from college and am ready to lose that freshman 15 thats still lingering (let's be real, freshman 25!) I've used MFP on and off in the past, but am finally sticking to it and have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks..woohoo!! Hoping you can help me to not fall off the wagon!
  • lsanders1022
    lsanders1022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me - looking for people who are encouraging and are open to new ideas on how to stick to our goals. Looking to lose 25-30 (from college and life). Managed to switch my smoking habit to a gym habit and I love it. The hubby and I go at least 5 times a week. Time to get rid of the little bit I'm not so fond of and tone it up!
  • bradymartineau
    bradymartineau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Brady and I would love some help to keep accountable. My weight has started to become noticeable and I'd like to nip it in the bud while it's early. Hoping to be at goal weight soon.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelsey! Im 21! I wanna loose about 30/40 lbs. feel free to add me.

• k_bergin
    k_bergin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Keely! I'm 20 and am looking for some help staying on track, too. You can definitely add me if you're still looking!
  • 44mandie44
    44mandie44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda, I'm 24 years old and I'm very new! Starting my weight-loss journey tomorrow, and hope to find others who are on the same journey as I am. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • ellemarie231
    ellemarie231 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Elle and I have played the yoyo dieting game for way too long. I am looking to make better long term food decisions
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Leah
    add me plz
    kthxbaiiiii

but actually I've been logging on here everyday and I like to like other peoples' statuses and write comments, so add me if that is something you want! I could always use more friends!
  • Stephanie231991
    Stephanie231991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Stephanie and I am almost 24, I'm not new to MFP but I am just getting started again.
    Feel free to add me
  • sccr_chic17
    sccr_chic17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Megan. I'm almost 23 and looking to have some people keep me on track. Not new to MFP but trying to keep on track.

Feel free to add me :)
  • mrs_madison_keane
    mrs_madison_keane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm Madison and I will be 24 in just a couple of weeks. I am a little over half way to my weight loss goal (28ish pounds lost so far :smiley: ) and I would love some help keeping on track and staying motivated. I am most motivated when I am seeing results, but ever since I hit that "half way mark" in my goals, my progress seems to have slowed down, even though I'm sticking to my healthy lifestyle.
    Hoping to make some new friends to keep the spirit & passion high as I try to power through these last pesky 22 pounds! Add me! :wink:
  • britnicole5
    britnicole5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :) I could always use a few more people to keep me accountable too!
  • tylerenee
    tylerenee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.... I'm pretty new to this only have been on a couple of days but like it so far. It is always nice to have motivation from other people so please feel free to add me if any of you are looking for an accountability buddy