PIC OF THE DAY!

Options

Replies

• SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful Sue!!! WOW!!! You look gorgeous!! What an amazing couple!! <3;)
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ixnxzoaxn2tz.jpg
    Here's a pic of Ted and I in Riquewihr, Germany. Riquewihr is a tiny 16th century city more or less "frozen in time". It's surrounded by vineyards and has two walls to protect it from "the bad guys". It escaped without being undamaged in WW II. It's a easy little hamlet to walk in. After our walking tour Ted and I stop for a beverage. Look closely NS peeps. Ted may be drinking beer but I on the other hand opted for water!! I'll admit that was one of the few times but it just sounded good that day!! Cheers and happy weekend!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Love this pic, Sue. I bet you two had a wonderful time. Do you miss it??
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    Great pic Sue!!! Having your Pelligrino H2O!!!! ;)
  • SueBready
    Options
    m7fllubqfax1.jpg
    OK history buffs. This pic is the remains of the famed "Bridge at Remagen" from WW II. Both sides of the Rhine have remaining pillars of the bridge that was so vital to the success of winning the war with Hitler. It looks like it would have been a beautiful bridge in its time and I was so happy to have been able to see this part of history.
  • SueBready
    Options
    u7gasy9vncrp.jpg
    OK folks, I'm getting to the end of my favorite vacation pics! This is a picture from Uetilberg outside of Zurich. The lake is Lake Zurich. This is one of the highest points/vistas in the area. We took a train from city central to Uetilberg and then had to walk the rest of the way to get to the top. And then, there was a 900 meter platform you could walk to the top of for an even better view. After getting 1/2 way I was going to stop but I did manage to get to the very top. The view was well work those extra steps! If you look far off in the distance, you see what the locals describe as the "pre-Alps". My "reward" for all those steps/stairs was a Magnum Black Espresso bar which I've only every seen in Europe (I won't look in grocery stores here - too tempting). It's an espresso ice-cream bar swirled w/ caramel and coated with dark chocolate. A totally decadent reward!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Beautiful, Sue. Just beautiful.

And, that reward? Oh, my goodness ... LOL!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    ipkuo8kv1f6o.png
    Great advice !!!!!

• evhutchings
    Options
    Sue....I'm so happy I get a German vacation thanks to you! When I was in Europe never got there....now I have!!!!
  • SueBready
    Options
    8nukcdotlnf5.jpg
    This pic I call "HeidiLand". I took it from the bus as we literally travel into the land of the famed Heidi. And, I finally found out about cow bells! That may have been the highlight of my vacation. When Ted and I were in Austria 2 years ago the hotel where we stayed was near a morning grazing spot for cows. I would hear their cow bells every morning and in the evening as they came back. Nobody could tell me the story behind the cow bells and why every cow I saw had them on. Come to find out. The lead cow in the pack has a bell that rings a different chime than any of the others. That so the others know where the lead cow is. The others have bells so that the farmer or owner can find them if they happen to fall ill, get stuck somewhere, etc. So mystery solved. The cows over there make really, really good cheese too! BONUS!! I have one more picture that I'll post over the weekend. It comes with an "R" rating for the ladies and is a diplomatic and military leader outfit long ago. You won't believe it when you see it but I'm sure you'll understand my "R" rating at that time. Have a marvelous rest of your week!
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Sue...thanks for the education...and the 'teaser' for the upcoming photo
  • evhutchings
    Options
    p6vb4ev1bdwb.jpg
  • jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    Finally Finished!kf8adbnxh8jh.jpg

So beautiful!
  • jrp29646
    jrp29646 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    wksm66ym2yri.jpg
    My Gizmo!
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    4lhcg86oejfa.jpg
    It's dark but here is my daughter at the Eiffel Tower. Lit up in the background!! Adventures already!!!
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    Oh.. How beautiful she is Lynn!! What a magnificent pic!! Thanx for sharing!! ;)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Love that pic, Lynn. I bet she is having a wonderful time. Tell her she is BEAUTIFUL.
  • SueBready
    Options
    76b0pepux2ew.jpg
    OK....meant to post this last weekend but my week ended up being FUBAR in a major way. More on that later. This is a pic I took while in Zurich at the Zurich National Museum. I've decided the guy that wore this ?outfit? had to be (a) very self assured, (b) was likely very narcissistic (c) was in love with and proud of his "package" and (d) had to have been very gay (that last comment is not meant as a slam on gays......I say that having good friends that are gay and they'd get a chuckle out of that comment as well). Obviously the sense of "Diplomatic Fashion" in those days is a much more flamboyant than it is today!
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WOW! interesting for sure! so much for looking at the whole outfit, my eyes went right there HA! funny!