End of Week 1 Chit Chat

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
I don't have anything specific that I wanted to share, just thought I'd chit chat about how the first week went and how I did with the mini-goals that I set. I stayed within my caloric range except for yesterday when I was over a bit. However the day before I was under about the same amount so I'm hoping it all balances out. I didn't do that intentionally, it just worked out that way. I did meet my goal of 6000+ steps every day which I was very happy about. I realized that setting a goal of 10,000 steps each day wasn't working because I'd be no where close to meeting that goal and just give up whereas 6000 is much more realistic for me so I'll push myself to move a lot more. Another example of how our minds play stupid games on us! I did cut way back on desserts this week but I didn't have the most balanced, nutritious diet so that's something I will work on next week.

As far as everything else goes, I had a fun week spending time with my kids - we went on a few walks, went to the archery range, and went to the aquarium & tide pools. My kids have Yogurtland gift cards that they wanted to use and, rather than indulging myself, I decided to walk the dog there with us so that I can't go inside and get anything. Plus I'm getting the added exercise from walking instead of driving. I also downloaded a fitness app for the kids' xbox that has a ton of short workouts. I like it! It's much easier to commit to a few 10 minute workouts than one 30 minute or longer workout. Next week I think I'll aim for more steps, more fruits & veggies, and more sleep!

How was everyone else's week?

Replies

• siva102
    siva102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pretty good week here. I have been holding steady with my low calorie program plus 5 days of 30 minutes of exercise. The scale this morning showed 2 additional pounds lost this week which makes 13 total since I started my program 5 weeks ago. I have mapped out on the calendar where I should be weight-wise at certain dates so I don't get frustrated thinking that the weight should come off quicker than what is reasonable. These mini milestones actually act as goals and motivation as certain incentives/rewards are also attached. For instance, at my 12 week goal, if I hit my prospective target weight on that date, I will purchase a Fitbit Charge HR. My job is also doing a 6 month wellness program that is running consecutively so I am participating in various screens, fitness challenges, classes, health coaching and rewards by participating in that as well. Overall, I feel pretty great that I am taking control of my health and taking steps daily to achieve my goal. Have a great week everyone!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Not sure where we are posting after we weigh in on Mondays. I will post here until i see if there is somewhere else everyone is posting

Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
    Net weight loss from June 8th: -5.6 pounds....... Start 185 pounds/ Week 1 179.4 pounds
    Favorite motivators: This group and MFP
    Resolutions for this week: Getting to feel better and going back to the gym.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 2:30 this morning. I had a horrible headache and took some medicine. The I couldn't sleep. I stayed in bed until 10 and felt worse. Head and stomach hurt, chills, and very achy. I had to skip my cardio workout today.

After 3 hours, I went back to bed and tried to sleep it off. Didn't work.

Took some flu medicine and an gong back to bed. Hope I feel well tomorrow.