Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, June 15th - 21st

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone! Last week was so busy I didn't have much time to get online here, but hopefully this week will be a bit better!

This week I am super excited that my son only has three full school days left before exams, which means ONLY THREE MORE DAYS OF GETTING UP AT 7AM TO MAKE LUNCH FOR HIM, even if I do not have to be up that early myself! Bring on summer break!!!

I say this now, but by September I will be dying to get back on routine and be happy to be making lunches again, lol.

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. Try and get some sun a few days this week (it helps my skin)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week
8. Manage my stress levels and try not to stress eat, be mindful of it

What are your goals this week??

Weekly Mini Goal

Try an exercise that is new from online, like youtube or something....maybe a new 15 minute video

Let us know what you tried!

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I just wanted to add that the last three weeks I have made it to the gym once each week, after several weeks of not being able to go at all....so this week I am really gonna try and push it to three.....
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did get 1 out of three last week, so looking to build on that.

Goals:
    1. Log everything I consume
    2. Be active 3x for 30 min each
    3. Go for a.jog 1 time this week.

Mini goal:
    This week I'm going to try to conquer my fear of burpees. (The floor will NOT collapse, the floor will NOT collapse, why does it shake?)
  • Summershowalter
    Summershowalter Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are
    1: log all my food
    2: drink water

I don't really have a mini goal. I feel like I'm starting over so I'm keeping it simple.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Always great to see new posters! welcome Summer!
  • farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goals this week are:
    1. Walk at least 3 miles a day
    2. Log all my food
    3. Resist my sweet tooth.
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    Hey summer glad to see you! Don't be a stranger
  • matfatcowboy
    Options
    Farrar I'm taking up walking, don't think I can match 3 miles a day though, not yet. I'm going for 1-1.5 3x this week
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:
    1. Walk to work everyday
    2. Drink water!
    3. No eating out this week

Keeping it simple this week. My walk this morning was great, and I hope to have another successful week.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been technically a member of this group for a while. (Long while) but have been absent. Partially excusable due to pregnancy, then my wife being pregnant to, but that is just what it is, excuses. My pregnancy I lost what I gained pretty quick, but then gained a bit back, then during my wife's pregnancy gained more. I think I need to get some start photos done again.

My goals this week, which I'm considering day 1 AGAIN.
    1. Get Start photos done.
    2. Log Everything, even on weekends.
    3. Don't get on the scale, until Saturday. Let me explain. For the past 5 ish weeks I've been on the scale every morning to see where things are each day and I graphed it to look at it as a reminder, however it worked against me. After I was doing well, I would "treat" myself, but then that would spiral, and the scale would go up and then that would be defeating, and make things harder. I am debating if I should go longer than a week between weigh in's, but I don't think I can wait that long, so I will just try for weekly for now. On the other side I don't want to wait too long to know if things I'm attempting aren't working. I just need to remember the big picture.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Welcome (back) to those I haven't met yet! Good to see you here!

My goals this week:
    1. Do NOT kill anyone. I'm re-starting the AIP elimination phase, and it's a big change in my routine. Any change in routine gets me wound up. But I've survived worse, and I'm hoping it will help with some autoimmune symptoms I've been experiencing. But I miss coffee :( I think others around me miss me having coffee, too.
    2. Stick to the prescribed meal plan. (It includes 30gm protein in the morning!). Use my new cooler and meal trays that fit it perfectly to manage meals while traveling for work.
    3. Drink at least 2 liters of non-carbonated water daily, up from 1qt last week.
    4. Upped my step goal to 3500/ day.

Mini-goal: add in a bit of arm strengthening. I've been working on modified squats this month, too.

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm a long-time reader, second time poster. We've been having a ton of rain and storms which has limited my ability to get outside and walk, and it's making me nutso.

My goals for the week:
    1. Walk. Walk. Walk. 10k steps everyday. No.Matter.What.
    2. Drink. Drink. Drink. Stay hydrated so you don't puff up like a blowfish in all this humidity.
    3. Go back to school hours and get up early. Sleeping in has been nice, but it derails me and keeps me sluggish and lazy.
    4. Do arm exercises 3x this week.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I totally meant to post my goals yesterday and didnt
    1) keep up the water
    2) keep down the post supper pre bed snacking its killing me
    3) keep moving this week
    4) leave my scale alone until saturday, its making me crazy up and down up and down

I am having a hard week i keep wanting to just crawl into bed and stay there. I dont have any vacation days until August so that is not going to happen!

Well back to work

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Lots of new posters! What a great positive for this week!!

Welcome all!

Today was great, got to the Y again (fourth week in a row), and plan to go back twice more this week.....

Had a great workout!

Gonna log now but sure I made goal.....

Have a great day everyone!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, including the new posters!

I'm still trying to recover from my cold so haven't logged, exercised, and eating has been off. Guess I should probably keep it simple goalwise. So, this week, I will get in a 30 minute walk daily, get to the gym once, and log daily. Right now, that seems like a lot.

Try something new....might get my mind off feeling tired, sick and cranky.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, including the new posters!

I'm still trying to recover from my cold so haven't logged, exercised, and eating has been off. Guess I should probably keep it simple goalwise. So, this week, I will get in a 30 minute walk daily, get to the gym once, and log daily. Right now, that seems like a lot.

Try something new....might get my mind off feeling tired, sick and cranky.

I hope you feel better soon! I hate being sick, I feel for ya!
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I've been a bad MFPer, I don't know why I haven't been able to stick to anything, like ever, but so far I have seriously sucked at making any changes!

My best friend wants me to be her maid of honor, her HAPPY maid of honor, her focussed on the wedding and happy to be there and happy in a beautiful dress maid of honor... and whilst she doesn't care one bit what size that dress is, I do and I know size 30 = unhappy Nassi. So, new day, new start, 418 days to get this fixed :)

My goals;
    STICK TO MY CALORIES!
    Stay out of shops
    Walk the long way home after the school run.
    USE the motivation board I made on pinterest
    Look at gorgeous dresses I could reasonably fit into in a year
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Nassi - just remember that it does not matter if you fall down 99 times, as long as you get back up 100 times!!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it nassie, but no matter what make yourself happy for yourself! Work hard but work smart!
    Good job getting to the y italian :)
    Hope you feel better Jltheis

Today is a bit better i got some more sleep then the night before. My son who is 10 has nocturnal enuresis, which means at 10 he still wets the bed basically nightly, we started him on a bed wetting alarm so basically as soon as he starts to pee the alarm rings loud! Up at 3 am two nights in a row now changing sheets, changing him! miss my full nights of sleep
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @nassi1984, baby steps will help you get started. 400+ days is a long time to change your lifestyle - you can do it!

@HLaR79, my brother had an alarm, too. I remember those rude awakenings well. Good news, tho, it worked for him! Good luck!

@jltheis7, hope you get to feeling better soon!

@Italian_Buju, great job getting back to the Y and hitting your goals!

There must be something to this board - last night I was up til 12:30 getting my steps in and tonight had to jog in place for ten mins to get them in! I've done "some" arm exercises both days, and yesterday I was great with the water. Today, not so much.
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday - lots of extra walking because Dr's appointment for asthma checkup and having to pick two children up at different times from school after clubs. My feet were killing me but I worked out that I was walking for 3 hours altogether yesterday!

I definitely ate within calories, even though I completely forgot to count what was in the risotto I made as I did it. I had about 1000 left for dinner (not including exercise calories) and there's no way a small bowl came to that... and then I went to bed early so I didn't snack.

Hope you all have a good day today :) xx