Show us you meals...

Options

Replies

• TheFo1dOut
    TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not sure what board to post this on... BUT I was wondering if anyone knows of a salad dressing that is 21 day fix approved that I don't have to actually make.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut I see many coaches and such use dressings from Trader Joe's. So long as the dressing is organic and doesn't have any sugar/salt added, you are fine. Read the labels and go from there. You might also consider going to your local farmer's market and seeing if you can find some organic, local made/grown dressings there.
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    @SatiaRenee Thanks for the suggestion! After 3 days of that "creamy herb dressing" I gave up. I talked myself into liking it the first day but man oh man was it bad today. I see they have other dressing recipes but I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to make dressings, nor the resources.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I loooove the vinaigrette dressings in the book. I would recommend making 1 but only half to see if you like it. I know what you mean about not having the resources but if you look at the recipes, once you've made one, you will have some of the ingredients you need for another. And another.

Also, go on Pinterest. A lot of people have 21 Fix themed boards there with tons of recipes! I started with 1 dressing (a basic balsamic vinaigrette). I then went out and bought some sesame oil for the Citrus Asian one (which I adore!). The fresh ginger, as it turns out, can be frozen. I peeled the ginger before freezing it and now, whenever I want a dash of fresh ginger, I simply grate what I need and toss the leftover back in the freezer. Then I made the Dijon mustard one. Love that one too. Used it as a marinade too. But I didn't and couldn't make them all at once. Like you, getting all the disparate ingredients would have been too much. Still, over time, I had what I needed to make whatever I wanted and I realized that now we're saving money! My homemade dressings are cheaper than the store ones, especially the healthy, organic ones. And I absolutely know what's in mine and can control everything. Right now I have a garlic vinaigrette in the refrigerator after finishing of a raspberry vinaigrette. So it's really worth it, in the long run, to slowly build up your stockpile of ingredients to make your own.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options

Still following the menu given to me by my coach and . . . apparently Jorge Cruise, #1 bestselling author, liked my image. How cool is that?

B: eggs with turkey, pepper, onion, and salsa
    S: Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and berries
    L: leftover turkey chili
    D: rice and bean "taco" in a lettuce wrap
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee very cool! But your pics are always so pretty, so I'm not surprised.

I have a picture today! This was my incredibly delicious and filling dinner - flatout pizza. Remembered that light ricotta cheese was a red, not a blue, so I got to sneak in a little extra cheese! This is 100% whole wheat flatout with a thin layer of ricotta, a thin layer of tomato sauce, sauteed veggies, and ground beef. 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green. Awesome!

• jpkrueger
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yum! I can't seem to find flat outs. Where did you get it?
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Stop and Shop. But it was near the deli, not with the other bread. It is usually kind of hard to find for some reason, they are always moving it.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I am going to get Rob to look for Flat Out because I really love pizza and our attempts at cauliflower crust have not really fulfilled that desire for me.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    The cauliflower crust sounded way too complicated for a lazy cook like me. I was psyched to find the Flatouts yesterday!

Here's a link where you can search for Flatout in your area: http://www.flatoutbread.com/find-a-store/where-we-are/
  • TheFo1dOut
    Options
    I picked up Flat Outs at Wegmans...BUUUT that's more of a North-Eastern store, not sure where you're located. Anywho, what is everyone's thoughts on PB2? I personally really enjoy it, mostly because I'm mixing peanut butter into other things and not spreading it....is it approved?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I will have to make a special stop at stop and shop!!
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @TheFo1dOut I loveee my PB2... especially in chocolate and vanilla Shakeology. Autumn does recommend using regular peanut butter instead, because of the health fats in it.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE PB2! I am not using it in place of my teaspoons, because it doesn't have enough of the healthy fats we need. But I put a little into my Shakeology each day...that's my "off-plan" treat...it's so low calorie, I'm not worried about it.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust? Sounds interesting. Would you mind sharing more about it?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    b6sa4u00t4ch.jpg
    Breakfast! Greek yogurt ❤️ pineapple and blueberries
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy....I might just have to make that my snack today :)
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My lunch for the week : Roasted chicken and veggies with brown rice. Ended up making the brown rice for my yellow instead of red potatoes :). 1 yellow, 1.5 red, 2 green. Fruit is grapes or apples on the side (1 or 2 red) which will depend on what I put in my shake ology in the mornings.
    fur7k2wgexng.jpg
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    dkwi04 wrote: »
    0bactjcojff2.jpg
    is chicken marinara (made in the crockpot) over zoodles.

I have been seaching homegoods for a Zoodle maker. Which do you use?