Questions, reverse dieting, my journey!

Options
kaybrose730
kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
As suggested :) I've stared my own thread for my journey and reverse dieting... and questions!

My current stats..
27 y/o
5'4"
BMR 1388
TDEE 2151
132.8lbs
36" around belly (the only thing I care to measure LOL)

This week I've bumped up from 1200 calories to 1500. My weight has leveled out at 132.8 lbs and wondering if this is the time I should up my calories again by another 100 calories? I have had 3 strength sessions and 2 cardio so far this week.. I plan on taking today off and keep it moving through the weekend with strength/cardio and start again next week :)

Also - I notice that I feel hungry more often since I've bumped up my cals. Has anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yes to both questions - you should bump up now and yes, the hunger is your metabolism saying THANK YOU!
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    You're the best! Bumping up it is! :)

I'll continue to check back, I enjoy seeing other people's progression updates.. so might as well do my own!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you made a 300 cal jump and no weight gain - don't worry about going slow 100 now.
    250 is just fine.

Normally first couple weeks slow is good, let body know the craziness has stopped and more food is consistent.
    Then bigger jumps.

You bet a status page will be good to use - and congrats on getting over the mind hurdle.
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    Thanks for your input! Maybe I'll try 1700 and see how that goes..
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    So just checking in...

Have been at 1700 calories since last Friday. Had too much fun one day over the weekend and went well over, but that's inevitable for me.. LOL

No inches lost, weight gain about a pound from 132.8 to 133.4 but back down again this morning to 132.4.. Not much change there...

I've definitely noticed an increase in strength when it came to pushups yesterday and planks a few days ago... So I'm happy to be feeling stronger!

Thinking by the end of the week I'll need to up my calories again to 1800....
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Think of it as water gained instead of weight gained when the scale goes up 1-3 pounds in a couple of days. Helped me to think of that way when I was in the beginning of the process
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    ^^ Exactly what @MandaLeigh123 said.
  • kaybrose730
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Starting 1800 cals today, but debating on bumping to 1900 instead.. My weight has pretty much stayed the same at each calorie increase...

When I first up'd my cals I had measured about a 1/4 inch gain around my belly and I had not been able to get rid of it.. today I was finally back to normal. Crazy how something so small makes you feel like you're doing something right... also did some extra ab work this week.. so that might have helped! haha

Your thoughts? 1900 cals?

Thanks! :)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yup - head on up!
  • heybales
    Options
    A variation of a song is coming to mind.

"well she's movin on up, (movin on up) ....." Then it kind of falls apart.

Except eating the pie part!

https://youtu.be/FHDwRECFL8M
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    Hahaha @Haybales !!
  • kaybrose730
    Options
    Just a little update...

Was feeling a little discouraged this week.. obsessing over tracking calories, macros, and what not. I feel like I should be seeing some sort of change in my body, not necessarily weight and I haven't.
    I took a couple days off of working out and let loose a little on dinner last night and had a few glasses of wine. Not too bad, but eating a million potstickers isn't the best, but sure is delicious! haha

With that being said - I was still at my normal weight this am about 132.4lbs.. so throughout this reverse diet I have remained the same stats, no change in belly measurement either.

Is it wierd to say that I feel smaller, but am actually not? I know I need to step up my cardio and ab work - I think this will help..

Another thing I'm struggling with is carbs and protein.. I seem to be getting to my carb goal very quickly, but not protein. Need to incorporate more protein daily...

Just a little update on my inner struggles!
  • heybales
    Options
    It can happen when trying to nail too much at the same time and it's all different.
    Just think back to when you first started to diet and perhaps got gung-ho at exercise at the same time.

So with that, you might just memorize a minimum protein goal based on grams, and your calories, and just try to hit both of those, the carbs and fat will fall where they fall.
    Once you've figured out what foods allow you to hit your protein daily and don't have to watch it like a hawk, then perhaps look at fats and confirm those are correct.

So you'll need a month to really discern anything with the body, if big change in exercise, 6 weeks usually.

Cardio and ab work won't change much by themselves, unless you mean actually doing what you accounted for in the TDEE table.
    Can't spot reduce, I'd suggest core work in general for better posture, which many times helps people stand taller and feel more confident anyway.