6/14/15 Day 7

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
OK, hope you guys have great plans for today and continue to do well with the challenge! I got my 40 min walk in to my GRIMM series this morning before the crack of dawn and I stopped eating after 6:30 pm (20 minutes ago). Day 7 done for me!! Three to go!!

So....how are you all doing??? Any news from Dee? Cari?? And others? And whatever happened to Blonde.....???Pat is riding his new bike and doing great!!!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! Congrats on your successful day! I was good today on food and exercise but struggling to get the water in. At least I got IN the water, lol.

Jim and I had a confab about groceries and meals for the week, and since he is trying to lose weight too, he was more than happy to agree on salads and lean proteins for our dinners all week. I'll try to jazz up each salad--make a basic one and then add some crisp Apple and a few almonds one night, some corn and avocado and cilantro the next night, and so on. If I do a protein shake for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch, and hardboiled egg or yogurt for snacks, I should do really well this coming week. I really should be staying at 1000 calories and losing 4-5 pounds/week at this point in post-surgery life (6 months). After a year, weight loss slows way down, hunger hormones come back full force, and my stomach will be a bit stretched out. So, I better seriously use this tool now if I want to reach my one year goal of being in the 200's!

I don't know where the rest of the gang is, but I did send out some "checking in" messages to everyone yesterday. I think I'll try to recruit some new faces too. We could use a boost of new energy and enthusiasm!

K.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Sorry for the double post of Day 7. Wonder if we were typing at the same time LOL . I hope you managed to put your meal plan for the week. And it sure helps when Jim participates and is watching what he eats too. Hope you managed to get into the pool and relieve some of that pain of yours. No fun!!

I just made the mistake of weighing myself...and put on another pound. I do well at work, then I come home and try to find anything...protein bars like you do etc. Karen, how many calories in that Protein shake you drink for breakfast?? I have one that is about 300+ if I use water or skim milk and I think that is too many. I just feel better if I 'bite' into something instead of 'drink' my calories.

Well, I did make my salad for work...last night, so hopefully that will get me thru my lunch time break at work. Since it is the start of Day 8 for me, time to get on that treadmill and watch my morning TV series..GRIMM!

Zac, what are you doing about food in your life?? Do you pre-plan, stick to a calorie goal, low-carb it??
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I drink a pre-made protein shake by Premier. It's180 calories and 30 grams of protein. I don't know what you can get over there. Do you want me to try to send some packets? I have some from Unjury, Matrix, and others. I sent away for a bunch of samples.
    K.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thanks Karen, but I do have a protein shake here that I lugged the huge container with me from the US...actually 3 of them...but I was not happy with the calorie content. If I drank half of the amount, it is over 150 calories....so let me look at it and see if I am going to start it up. I liked the flavor....sort of a Chai Vanilla flavor. ( I LOVE Chai Tea Latte's)!!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    For me I do try to pre plan all of my meals and do what I can in advance. I will be the first to admit that I often to not get done all that I should haha. I don't worry about carbs so much but I do try to stay under a certain calorie limit. My sister flew out on Friday, but she did give a lot of ideas that I will need to try in the coming weeks.

Karen, good luck on the meal plan. I am very happy that Jim has joined you on your journey. That should definitely be a help. Nancy, good job on the Grimm walk (it makes it sound so much more suspenseful).