MIA

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
hey ladies and gents!!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time. I'm still here plugging along. I've been posting in the morbidly obese and LCHF groups. I'm trying (sometimes it feels unsuccessfully) at doing LCHFMP. This weekend I was suppose to concentrate solely on recipes and LCHF foods. That went bust by 1230 Saturday afternoon. So, here I am, Monday morning and just starting over. I shouldn't have tried to start it over the weekend, but should have waited till this morning as I do so much better at work then I do at home. I only eat the food I bring with me for breakfast, lunch and snacks. So I truly only have to conentrate on dinner during the week. Weekends I have to contend with Reggie (boyfriend) and what he wants to eat and non structured time. I do so much better when things are structured. I've slowly been lowering carbs, but not to the extent I need to. My head has been fuzzy/foggy and I truly blame it on the carbs. Let's see what this week holds.

I've just finished reading through all the post and you gals and Zac are rocking it. I'll try to be here more often.... my post may be cross post from the morbidly obese group... but staying in the groups holds me accountable.

Hugs!!

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Cari, I'm so glad you popped in to say Hi! I've been reading your posts with Carly and wondered how you were doing in the LCHF plan. It definitely works if you can stick it out! I've lost tons of weight in the past doing Atkins and LCHF, but I always get sucked back into the carbs. I'm thinking I might try again this summer for a couple of months when the fresh veggies are in the farmstands.

Let me know how I can support you---I definitely want to see you succeed. I think that like me, your food addiction struggle is a matter of living or choosing to slowly die, and I don't fully understand why I choose the momentary pleasure of food over living a longer, healthier life. It's crazy, really.

Karen
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Cari, good luck with the LCHF. It'll be tough, but worth it.

It was a solid weekend for me. I was able to go to the Scottish festival and watching the strong man competition really made me want to get back into power lifting. My back feels great again so I might try and get some lifting in tonight. This weekend I will be doing some camping, well kind of haha. I will be in a tent, but the place has tennis courts so we aren't really roughing it. I believe that this week I will be able to play basketball twice and tennis twice. Here is to a solid week of good eating and great exercise.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hello Cari...OK I will have to google LCHF...does that mean low carb high fat?? Good to see you back on the on the board here. Zac...sounds like you have your 'act' together! Good for you!! Your workouts sound great too!! Happy to hear your back is better and you may do some lifting!! Take care!! I am going to try and improve on my bad habits this week to an try not to mindlessly eat food that I DO NOT NEED!! Cheers!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Yes, LCHF is low carb high fat.