Office funk

Options
germany03
germany03 Posts: 348 Member
Ok, so I have been wanting to excersise at work ( especially during my lunch hour) but I'd hate to walk into the next meeting all sweaty and funky. I've tried to hit the close by gym but by the time I get there, change, work out for 25 min. , wash up, change again and get back to the office I'm all sweaty again and tired from all the rushing. :(
How does everyone else deal with working out at work and not being funky the rest of the day?

Replies

• Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I walk on breaks and lunch. I have a fan at my desk. The walks are short so I don't get much sweaty. Not the best work out but better than nothing.
  • CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I work out on the treadmill at work while in the call center on the phone
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We are lucky enough to have a gym in the building. That makes it a lot easier. But some days I don't get to use it. For example, I'll spend my lunch hour going to the chiropractor today. So no gym. So like Zed_cob says, I'll take walking breaks. My floor is like a perimeter around the building with a huge floor to top ceiling atrium. There's a bridge in the middle for the elevators. So I walk a figure-8, down my side of the hall (clockwise), across the bridge by the elevators, then counter-clockwise to the bridge again and then finish clockwise back to my door. I might get 4 or 4 1/2 figure 8's in the time it takes to walk 2 songs.

I use bouncy songs I like with good drumbeats at different speeds. I have them all mapped out--I used the treadmill--for their speeds in mph. Then I put 8-9 in a playlist. I presently have 4 playlists for variety. I think I just about have enough for a 5th. Keeps it from getting boring. Weird Al's Word Crimes is a fun one to walk but I mostly listen to Christian contemporary or alternative so you may not know my other bands. We Are Brave by Shawn McDonald, for example. I have a few 4mp songs, a few more in the 3.5-3.7 range. So I build up to a semi-fast then take a slower break, then the 4 then ramp back down to a cool down, slow song. If I can only do walking breaks, I generally do 2 songs at a time. So I break up that playlist through the day.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Our building is square and I try to get up every hour and do laps (inside) until people start looking at me funny. If it isn't sweaty hot outside, I'll also walk the block around our building. Point is, I try to break it up throughout the day.