Future "100 lbs Lost" Party

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I haven't seen this discussed before. So, I'm hoping to have some fun with it.

Lord willing, I am a couple months (or so) away from being 100 lbs down from when I started the Keto diet. It is just a milestone, but a significant one. (I want to lose 124 lbs to get to my goal weight of 190).

So, I want to have a party. I am going to invite all my friends (of course everyone here will be invited). :)

I need to do some party planning. I thought you could help me with that. Some things that I can think of right off the bat:
1) Naturally we'll have food. I want the Keto theme in all aspects: Have a BBQ, steaks, chicken, ribs.
2) All veggies will be lo-carb veggies, broccoli, asparagus, salad, etc. Same stuff I eat on a daily basis. Have plenty of melted butter on hand. Ranch, oil & vinegar, blue cheese and ??? salad dressings?
3) Water, lite beer, tea
4) Dessert would be berries with whipped cream and ???? (it has to be easy).
5) Have a large printed poster/pics of me at my highest weight 331 (with the weight on it), 314 (when I started diet) and an "after" pic with a current pic 214 lbs.
6) Maybe put a poster of all the meds I took before and one after.
7) Your input goes here...

Is there any other thing I could do? I actually was thinking about having a 100 lbs of cement there and let every see how hard it is to pick it up. Especially let those that said, "Ya gotta exercise to lose weight". Have some straps on it and strap it to them, then make them do exercise...that would be so funny.... (yeah, I know, I have a weird sense of humor.)

At one point I would give thanks and speak (briefly) about how I did it (although all my friends know.)

All of my friends know how much I have struggled with my weight over the many years. I have been over 300 for probably (my guess) 13-15 years. Upper 200's for 10 more years.

In the rsvp invite, I could show what we will eat somehow mentioning that it will be a Keto meal (how could I word that?) Show the menu in the invite?

Is the above idea bad? Or should I just have a normal BBQ (with carbage) and leave it that?

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sounds great as long as it's done with humour and I'm sure it would be! I wouldn't say it was keto specifically, just put that delicious food out there!
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like fun! I especially like the cement idea.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great party! Keto chocolate mousse or keto coffee ice cream would also be great desserts.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    What a lovely idea. Id definitely stick to the Keto food and nix the carbage.

For dessert how about Keto Cheesecake. For super easy and lower-carb still you can do a Crustless Keto Cheesecake. There are ones you have to bake with eggs etc, but the chilled ones based on just cream cheese, cream, gelatin & sweetener of choice are super easy. You can use sugar free jello instead of plain gelatin for extra flavor, or you can include ground vanilla powder, lime zest/juice, lemon zest/juice, cacao, coffee.. whatever takes your fancy. Keto Cheesecake is a staple in our house - id go crazy w/o the odd compliant dessert.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm sensing a little well-deserved pride and a whole lot of excitement here Dan. I say to do the party your way so all your friends can truly see how it's done.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great idea, @DittoDan, and definitely worth celebrating! This could get expensive, but it would be fun to have 100 lbs of meat (and fat) at the party. Have each guest bring a few pounds of meat. Maybe you have a friend who could help you grill it all, and guests could divide up whatever leftovers there are and bring them home as a kind of Keto party favor.

Or you could go Cajun style and have a Cochon de Lait with a 100-lb pig.

As long as you have plenty of variety in the food, I doubt you'd get complaints about the Keto fare. It all sounds delicious.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's your party! Do the food your way! I wouldn't do the carbage, at all. Wording can be something like, "Experience of how I made it". Then use "Keto" in all of the posters...really put it out there. Your family and friends will get an education while there and have some googling to do when they leave. :wink: I love the idea! (I was going to suggest the cheesecake too) :smiley:
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You need to do "you" Serve the menu as listed above because it is what got you where you are and this WOE needs to be celebrated too !! Fantastic idea and I am sure it will also add more motivation to your lifestyle!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea ! Big lettuce leaves to wrap the traditionalists burgers in. A pig roast ! What a great idea to celebrate all your hard work Dan !
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I second (or third or fourth?) the NO CARBAGE because (some) people would get the wrong idea and think that you may have allowed yourself some. But showing them all that other delicious food that you can eat on this WOE - EXCELLENT idea! I may plan a party of my own!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    It's your party, and you'll low-carb if you want to. It's not like our food tastes gross. It's DELICIOUS. Show them how it's done. :wink:
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Vodka, you'll need vodka with lemon :)
    BPC and MIMs for desert
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You could also use 100 lbs. of sand bags and let willing guests try to lug them around for a while. I agree with the others about it being no carbage, and you could word the invites as "Enjoy my way of eating - plenty of meats, veggies and healthy fats".

You deserve to celebrate! Have fun planning it just the way you would like it to be. :)
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No carbage! all the meat and veg.

maybe cavemanketo.com/spinach-and-artichoke-dip/ (easy to make ahead)
    wine spritzers to go with that light beer
    I like the idea of the cement, because it would not have to be too bulky
    BBQ cauliflower steaks, portabellas and eggplant if you have vegetarian friends
    Cauliflower "potato" salad

Congratulations on being so close. Looking forward to seeing lots of party pics!!!!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Do you Dan.... Sounds great and like an awesome experience!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I vote for backpacks full in increments (see if someone has free weights you can borrow) so people can easily put them on and try to walk around with all that. Like 10, 25, 50, 75, 100...so that even the younger crew can see what a difference it is...
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I vote for backpacks full in increments (see if someone has free weights you can borrow) so people can easily put them on and try to walk around with all that. Like 10, 25, 50, 75, 100...so that even the younger crew can see what a difference it is...

That sounds like a great idea!

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas y'all! We are going to be partying everywhere! Fun, fun! :smiley:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    All great suggestions! @justme2c ~ I like the idea of using sand bags. I could get some big back packs at Wal-Mart, put sand in plastic garbage bag, then into the back pack.

Wouldn't it be cool if I strapped an 100 pound bag on me, on my stomach, then put a shirt over that, then started some music, made an entrance, walk real slow, look sad, then rip the outer shirt off, drop the 100 lbs bag, jump up and down with glee, and say, something funny...(I need help here)....

Then give my one paragraph speech and then start the dinner...

I think I'll put a sign by each food with the macro.

I might make a poster with the 7 biggest "Keto Myths"
    Seven Lingering Keto Myths

BTW, This will be at someone's house or a possibly at a pavilioned park. I will pay for it.

Overwhelmingly you have stated to do it Keto, I'm doing it! :) Thank you for the support.

Anymore ideas?

Thank you ALL!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...suggestion for something funny to say.

You could get a slightly confused look on your face then say "Oops, I seem to have lost something." Pause for a moment then continue with "Oh yeah, it's the 100 lbs." Once the comment is out, strut your stuff and show yourself off to everyone.

I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but I bet your guests will be cheering to the heavens and back.