Week 2 Check-In: Week of June 15, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 1 Check-In: Week of June 8, 2015
Good morning everyone! Welcome to Week 2 of 12 Weeks, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health in 12 week increments. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals (20 pounds in 12 weeks), we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 12 week cycle on June 8, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 12 week goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
Net weight loss from June 8th:
Weekly victories:
Areas I can improve:

Replies

• CatAlii
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss from June 8th: -0.5 lbs
    Weekly victories: Met my 6000+ daily steps goal, cut WAY back on sugar and desserts
    Areas I can improve: More sleep, balanced nutrition

Hi everyone! I was so relieved to be down 1/2 pound this morning. I hadn't seen any movement on the scale all week, a couple days I was even up a pound, so I'll take 1/2 pound down.

I know I need to get more sleep. Most days I think that is something under my control, I should set an earlier bedtime. I'm just such a night owl and love to get things done after the kids go to bed. Last night I did a great job of going to bed earlier (which is why I didn't post the check-in at midnight for this morning :p ) but I did a bad job of drinking a ton of water before bed. So I woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep until 6 am, ugh. I sat there having an anxiety attack about all kinds of nonsense. Granted, they are all real issues and definitely things to worry about but worrying at 3 am isn't helpful. So I tried to give myself actionable steps I could take today to work on those issues and then tried to distract myself by thinking about other things. Concentrating on something pleasant finally worked and I had another couple hours of sleep before my kids woke me up. Thankfully I don't usually have insomnia problems. My heart goes out to people who battle with that every night.

Here's to a great week for everyone! I wish all of you huge successes and many victories!
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20#'s
    Net weight loss from June 8th: -4.4
    Weekly victories: Tracked everything~even if it put me over my allotment for the day.
    Areas I can improve: My goals this week are going to include incorporating more vegetables & exercise (I have been enjoying my gardening so much more than the gym~ <3 ) & breaking out of the 200#'s.
    I had a loss of 4.4 #'s this week, (I am sure the weight loss was a lot of water weight) which goes to show that I have been on an overindulgent roller-coaster ride for far too long (6 months to be exact)
    Joining our group & tracking last week, while omitting my overindulgence in overeating (emotional/stress eater here) & craft beer led to this weeks success.
    (sorry for the duplicate, didn't see this feed until I returned home from running this morning)
  • cindileeb
    cindileeb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    So, a rough time with Monday weigh in opposed to Friday.

Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:20
    Net weight loss from June 8th:.6
    Weekly victories: Ate out 3 nights and still had a loss
    Areas I can improve: drinking more water, walking more (recovering from surgery, so movement has been down
    )

So, if next week is like this week, I'm just going to switch my day to Friday, but post on Monday with everyone else.
    Friday I was down 2 lbs. So obviously, as of Monday, I'm up a little bit, but then I get the discipline in real hard to get back down below Friday's weight by this Friday. We'll see how it goes. Down is down, and I can't complain that much.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @CatAlii
    I too hope you get more sleep, i also have the problem and it isn't any fun. Do you own a FitBit?? I wear one and when i have a bad night of sleep i only burn 300-400 calories over night but on a good night i burn 500 or more calories. I never realized how much sleep plays on our metabolism until i started wearing a fitbit.
  • matthewsfive
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @SIERRANV1
    awesome weight loss

@ CINDLLEEB
    A loss is still a loss, way to go
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
    Net weight loss from June 8th: -5.6 pounds
    Weekly victories: 2 parties and managed to eat healthy
    Areas I can improve: Drink more water and get to workout 30 minutes a day.
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 pounds

Net weight loss from June 8th: 2.2 pounds

Weekly victories: I went to the gym 5 days last week. I added additional machines (6 so far, with 3 more left to add) to my rotation. This has added time at the gym, but I'm on summer break so time isn't an issue. I always take the weekend off and my only movement is cleaning or shopping;-) I have also gotten my calories back under control for the most part. Feels good to see the scale move back down.

Areas I can improve: I have to work on getting over my fear of the free weight area of the gym. I bought New Rules of Lifting for Women last year and actually did about a month of the workouts at home. I stopped when the equipment I had just wasn't cutting it for the lifting. I may have to pay for some personal training to make sure I am using the equipment properly and that my form is good. I'd hate to be derailed by an injury.
  • StefieS
    StefieS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all who have lost!!!! Unfortunately, that didn't happen for me this week :s
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss from June 8th: +3 lbs :'(
    Weekly victories: still logged in to MFP...
    Areas I can improve: working hard to keep myself from letting go and eating whatever, as I did at special events/occasions this weekend.
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss from June 8th: 4.4
    Weekly victories: stuck to my plan to drink more water during the week & packed my lunch everyday for work
    Areas I can improve: add some strength training & stretching to my exercise routine.
  • siva102
    siva102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20
    Net weight loss from June 8th: 2 lbs/18 lbs remaining for this challenge/ 43 lbs remaining for personal goal.
    Weekly victories: This week it has been connecting on MFP with some close friends
    Areas I can improve: 7 days of exercising at least 30 minutes per day rather than the 5 days that I have been doing.
  • SIERRANV1
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Vera~Thank you! (look who's talking) ;) Amazing victory for you in achieving your goal for the all time low!
    Stefie~Yours is right around the corner beautiful :)
    N_Laplante~Fabulous loss!
    To all MFP friends~We all have days weeks, months and even years, that it takes for us to finally decide that it is time to put ourselves first, and move forward in giving ourselves the love, nuturance, health and wellness (self-care) ~as much as we give to the universe, we need to save some for US! :smile: <3
    Were here and that is what matter's~one day at a time, making it a sweet & gentle journey is the recipe to success~
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    sending <3
  • CatAlii
    Options
    Sierra-Wow! Way to go! Thank you so much for sharing your positivity with us! What a difference it makes for all of us!
    Cindi-Down is down - I love it! Big congrats on your .6!
    matthewsfive-Tremendous! And two parties to boot! What's your secret? ;) I don't have a FitBit but I do have an UP24 which is similar except it doesn't track calories burned, just steps and sleep (wake, light, and deep sleep). I agree, it's been very eye-opening. I had no idea that you burn more calories when you get a good night's rest. Thank you-that's the extra push I need to stick to an earlier bedtime.
    JMRod-Congrats on the great loss and the time at the gym! I saw your post on the other thread, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.
    Stefie-You WILL see a loss soon, I know it! :)
    N_Laplante-Another great loss, I'm in awe! Way to go!
    Siva-Congratulations on the 2 lbs! So awesome!
  • StefieS
    StefieS Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love the positivity in all of these comments! Thank you all!!!
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    CatAlii wrote: »
    matthewsfive-Tremendous! And two parties to boot! What's your secret? ;)

@CatAlii
    Thanks, no real secret, just so determined. I have had many ups and downs in the past year. I guess my only secret would be that i only have 10 pound goals. In my head reaching a 10 pound goal is so much easier then reaching 100 pound goal. So i have 10 10 pound goals. Down 9 one more to go. Every 10 pound goal that i reach i give myself a chocolate bar as a treat but i do log it and adjust my day so the candy doesn't put me over calories, carbs, and fats.
  • SIERRANV1
    Options
    I <3 this group!