On the road to 1derland!

Options
Ginalessfluff
Ginalessfluff Posts: 10 Member
When I started my journey I was 280lb. (This was not my all time heaviest) Last time I weighed under 200 lbs was over 10 years ago! I'm now now 264 and can't wait to be under 200. Trust me. Once I see that first number turn 1 on my scale I will be doing backflips.. lol. Has anyone here gotten past the 200lb mark? If so any tips you wish to share?

Replies

• schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    oh yeah...I too can't wait to get under the 200 :-D
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    About two years ago I discovered i had crept up to 205lbs. I had vowed never to go over 200. So I joined mfp and changed the way I was eating. I think I dropped to 182. I deleted all those old measurements a few days ago. Then and this time I chose to focus on protein and fiber. I eat 4oz of meat 1/2 cup of rice and 2/3 cups of mixed veggies each meal. I eat about 4 times a day. I've lost 7lbs since june 1st. i'm also exercising in the pool. It's definitely doable. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

I was 211.9 on June 1st. 204.8lbs this morning.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I am in the 220's (started around 250) and I can't wait for one-derland. We'll get there!
  • thewritingviolinst1
    thewritingviolinst1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am actually the heaviest I have ever been in my life (I'm in the 200s and want to be in the 160s.) But getting my weight down to a healthier place is difficult, as I've struggled with anorexia and bulimia for seven years. But I'm feeling confident! My biggest motivator is my ultimate goal in life (art therapist: to help teens like myself.)
  • suzecate
    suzecate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 295 to 154. I screamed and jumped (then texted or called every supportive friend to share my excitement) the day I hit 199.8. I try to cultivate gratitude, notice the beautiful in my days no matter how seemingly trivial, and take care of myself with the 3 things I was most likely to skip (as of last summer) but are essential to my wellbeing: reading, cleaning, exercise. When those things slip, my mood tends to slip, and negative thoughts impact my health behaviors.