Where are we all from? Short Bio

Options
2»

Replies

• thoseAmericanthighs
    thoseAmericanthighs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Casey

25 (closing in on 26 in August). Born in Houston, now in the grand old Lubbock... West Texas, it's.... expansive and hot. and dry. Single, never married, no kiddos (hopefully one day), but I have a one year old Lab/Heeler mix and she is the best dog ever.

Started crossfit about 5 and a half years ago, but since the beginning of the year I have been focusing a lot more on my olympic lifting and have let the WODs fall by the wayside. Bodyweight and endurance never really were my forte anyway.

Very little sport experience prior to crossfit. Ballet until 12, t-ball/softball until 11, and then whatever they made us do in gym class.

Work as an event planner full time and am a student full time as well, going for my undergrad in exercise sports science (kinesiology)/ pre-occupational therapy.
  • TimothyHolmgren
    TimothyHolmgren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    28 years old been doing crossfit for a year and half. Have made Awsome Gains just did crossfit total today b/s 265 press 160 D/L 335 increased my c/f total by 265# love the community crossfit offers. O and I am from mn
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Nelson I still have mobility issues, especially front rack, but I'm light years better than I was when I started. I can actually squat below parallel now, which is a big thing for me.
  • bettytrhoades
    bettytrhoades Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Got on MFP for a "Summer Slim Down" challenge we're doing at my box, so I figured I'd join this group as well. I'm 35, married (hubby got me into CrossFit, actually - and now I'm more addicted than he is), one cat and one dog, live and work in Washington DC. Started CF in January and have already seen so many little victories. Still doing a lot of scaling and Rx2-ing, but it's all good. :-) Also currently training for marathon #3.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^Where is your box? I visited NOVA Strength and Conditioning last fall for a drop in and really liked it. Nice facility and the WOD was right in my wheelhouse so I crushed it. :)
  • bettytrhoades
    bettytrhoades Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ^ CrossFit Capitol Hill, in SE DC. Small and no-frills (even by CF standards), but incredibly supportive and friendly. Everybody lives in the neighborhood and really gets along well.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    One of the (if not THE) original East Coast boxes is Old Town in Arlington. The owner was Masters champion at least once, i believe.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I write on these forums sometimes if I feel I can contribute.

I am Ashlee, 22 years old and I live in NSW, Australia.
    I have a boyfriend of 3 and a half years who doesn't understand why I love crossfit. Boring.
    I started getting into fitness and healthy eating after I finished school and started working in the mines. I turned into a cardio bunny straight away only eating "clean" foods and hardly any of it. I got really skinny, about 60kgs.
    Started strength training at the gym in 2013 and loved the idea of building muscle. Started crossfit in April 2014. I love it!!
    I follow Eat To Perform which I am loving. I have put on heaps of muscle since starting it.

If anyone wants to add me feel free! I track my macros most of the time :)
  • siggasig
    siggasig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sigga and I come from Iceland. I'm 31 years old and just returned to Crossfit after a break for two years. I'm married and we have a one year old girl. I also like to run, bike, hike and play tennis.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    welcome, Sigga!
  • siggasig
    siggasig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    You have some excellent Icelandic role models to follow if you so choose to from!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have a holiday booked to Iceland for next year! Looks like a beautiful place
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    We need to do that as well. It's only about 4 hours away for us.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Noel and I'm new and I love this page and want to shout from the rooftops how much I love CF!

27 years old
    married 1 year
    no kids yet, 2 doggie babies
    CF 5xs /week (6am crew)
    Website designer and developer by day so 100% sit on butt in front of screen X 8-10 hours daily
    CF is my favorite part of every day now. I'm glad to do it sans hubby and have my own world to escape to. It's nice to feel the autonomy and secretly be a strong bad *kitten* who does hard, scary, and killer super hero *kitten*!

Box jumping is my fave, burpees and dead lifts make me feel like a bad *kitten*, pull ups are my worst category (goal to do unassisted pull ups at some point before I die), still getting used to lifting and working on form, can't do double unders yet either but that one is all in my head... If you can do RX box jumps you should be able to jump high enough to get that rope under twice (or so says my coach). IN PROGRESS and loving it!
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Roderick
    48, married 21 years, son and daughter 20&17. Live outside of Atlanta, GA. Started Crossfit 2 years ago when a friend of mine opened his own box. Been coaching one year. Finally back on MFP because I want to be REALLY fit by 50! In good shape now but need to kick my sugar addiction. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Will be tracking food and progress until I hit the big 50!!!
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping to be a regular contributor on this board to keep my motivation up and be more consistent.

I'm Taira and am 38yo. I am a homeschooling mom in Texas of 4 boys 11-4yo. I've been Crossfitting for about 3 yrs and also spend part of the year training and running half marathons. I've always been active, but started running after having my last baby to shed weight. It worked and I was surprised that I actually liked it. I was dragged into Crossfit by my husband and agreed because I knew it would help me become a better runner. Turns out I loved it and am here to stay. My Crossfit and running really complement each other. It helps that my box owner is also my running coach (and a former ultra runner).

I would like to Crossfit 3-4x/week and run 1-2x/week during my off-season, then Crossfit 2x/week and run 3x/week during my training season (which starts Aug 11th). I did great 2 yrs ago but a move did me in this last year and my workouts were sproadic. Time to dig in and get some post some good scores before I head to the masters board. Oh yeah, and keep my nutrition in line!
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My name is Eve. I live in Omaha, NE. I started Crossfit in February 2015 and of course... totally love it! I'm hoping to get more friends on MFP that are crossfitters b/c I want to talk about it more and hear more about WOD's and PR's etc.

I took part in the Open this year which was right after I finished On-Ramp and also did the Granite Games, which sucked!. I've entered my first Olympic Lifting competition that will be at my gym in a couple of weeks and then a city wide competition at the end of August. I know I won't "win", but I love to push myself and be in that environment. I'm definitely making gains and progress each week in strength and mobility. I can't wait to see where I am at my one year mark!

:smile:
  • ctdebbie
    ctdebbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Okay, I hope I'm doing this right.

I'm Debbie and I'm 45. I live in CT with my husband, daughter (24), son (19 and at college most of the year, 15 year old daughter and 19 month old granddaughter. Yep, I'm a nana!

I have been doing crossfit for about a year. I started because my youngest daughter got into it and looked amazing in a short period of time. My son does it also. My husband was worried I would hurt myself, but that hasn't happened (knock on wood). I really enjoy working to increase my weights and lowering my times.

I have really been struggling with my weight for the past few years. I lost 50lbs. but need to loose another 40. I seem to have plateaued and am frustrated. I work out 3-5 x per week and am trying to increase that to 6. I don't know what else to do. I just started using a Fitbit, but would love any advice.

I am trying to get back into running also.
    I set a goal for myself to run a 5k this year and maybe a half marathon by next year.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    ctdebbie wrote: »
    Okay, I hope I'm doing this right.

I'm Debbie and I'm 45. I live in CT with my husband, daughter (24), son (19 and at college most of the year, 15 year old daughter and 19 month old granddaughter. Yep, I'm a nana!

I have been doing crossfit for about a year. I started because my youngest daughter got into it and looked amazing in a short period of time. My son does it also. My husband was worried I would hurt myself, but that hasn't happened (knock on wood). I really enjoy working to increase my weights and lowering my times.

I have really been struggling with my weight for the past few years. I lost 50lbs. but need to loose another 40. I seem to have plateaued and am frustrated. I work out 3-5 x per week and am trying to increase that to 6. I don't know what else to do. I just started using a Fitbit, but would love any advice.

I am trying to get back into running also.
    I set a goal for myself to run a 5k this year and maybe a half marathon by next year.

Hey Debbie - working out 3-5 times a week is a lot of CF - I'd introduce a bit more cardio if you want to break through your plateau. I've just started running before my WOD's - I get there 10 mins earlier and do a quick run around the block. And ofcourse your diet - take a closer look at that. Good luck.