Feeling lost

Options
scouse7474
scouse7474 Posts: 6 Member
Just found out my girlfriend has been cheating on me for three months and I want to hide away and eat and Eat and drink...... Help...

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why would you punish yourself for her unfaithfulness?
  • veganminecraft
    veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's times like these where if you can't refrain from emotional eating, at least eat things that are lower in calories and that you can eat more of.
  • scouse7474
    Options
    I know, being told your fat and ugly just makes you think your fat and ugly, after a while you start to believe it, but I was good this morning and had a meal shake instead of my usual bacon sandwich.
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's hard when you are thrown into a stressful situation. One day at a time, one meal at a time or heck even one 15 minute increment at a time and then praise praise praise yourself!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. Keep your head up and know that you aren't in the wrong for what happened. No matter what her excuse is for having done it. Being unfaithful says something about her not you. I know it hurts like hell as I have been there done that (ex-spouse). Only I went the other way as although I was hurt, I was mad as hell and lost my appetite which is totally unusual for me as I am a very emotional eater but not when I'm mad.
    Try doing things that keep your mind off of her and her unfaithfulness. Focus on you and what you want in life. List your goals and get busy working towards them.

• scouse7474
    Options
    Thank you so much, greatly appreciated advice.I'm still no appetite but give it time. I've started one meal a day, with plenty of water to keep hydrated. Next need to get back into gym
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's good to work it off. Do something that uses energy. I KNOW it's hard, and you are hurt. I don't know what I would do either, but you have worked too hard to let her ruin it!
  • scouse7474
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone for the encouragement... I'm very slowly getting back to it, long road ahead but I'm not giving up.
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It hurts like hell, but I know you've heard this, but you are better off without someone who isn't there for YOU. I've been through this before myself and suspect I'm currently going through it again. I do have bad days where I eat everything I can get my hands on, but there are other days where I take the anger, the sadness, the apathy and work it out, in my case, run it off. Good luck to you.
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well first off.. Your not fat and ugly! and this is not your fault, it is hers.. sometimes people tear others down when they actually feel bad about themselves and what THEY have done. Do not allow what she did to destroy you! Keep going in the direction that is best for you.