Any sweet foods/desserts that are low-cal?

Options
2»

Replies

• elenaa55
    elenaa55 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Plain greek 0% yogurt, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of honey.

with this recipe is even better to add a little bit of agava syrup instead of honney, it`s GI index is much lower than in honney so your sugar levels and insulin in blood wont rise rapidly :smile:
    you can use it in any other recipe.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For a baked apple, you can core an apple, add some diet orange soda down the middle, dash of cinnamon and bake in the microwave until soft. You get all the fun of the baked apple without any of the added sugar:) I also like Wonderslim pudding/shake aspartame free mix( (I get mine at Diet Direct) add 4oz of liquid for pudding or 8oz of liquid for shake. I use cold coffee, or unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a dash of cinnamon when I make the pudding or the shake. I also made a banana split shake the other day that was awesome: 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use EAS), 1/2 banana, 1/4 c frozen unsweetened strawberries, and 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, blended it and it was AWESOME!
  • ronysolis05
    ronysolis05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try the "belt sander" brownie. Great recipe for a high protein brownie that can be done in 30 seconds via microwave. There are a number of variations, but it generally consists of:
    - 1 scoop of protein powder
    - 1/4 cup milk ( I use water to save calories)
    - 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa ( you can also use a tbsp of choc chips if you don't have any)
    - 1/2 tsp baking powder

This is a wonderfully sweet and tasty dessert for under 250 cal.
  • sadee2006
    sadee2006 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I take a cake mix (usually yellow or chocolate) and a 12 oz can of diet soda (or regular) (any flavor).
    Mix them together and put in prepared muffin pan and bake for the amount of time stated on the box.
    I then divide the amount of calories in the mix and the soda (if regular kind) by 12 to get the calories for each muffin. Some of the combinations that I make are Chocolate cake with orange soda, or cola. And yellow cake with root beer or lemon/lime soda. These are great hit in my house with even the non-dieters.
  • leesandra25
    leesandra25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you can mix a pkg of sugar free pudding and a container of cool whip together to make a great frosting!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yam Patties

real butter
    sprinkle with cinnamon
    bake 15-20mins on 350
    drizzle honey on top after

Taste like CAKE!

Sorry, bit confused, I think some of your text is missing, or do you sprinkle the cinnamon on the butter and then bake the butter?
  • Icecream808
    Icecream808 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a bad sweet tooth. I love ice cream, cakes, creme brûlée and chocolate. Any recipe ideas or advice to stop these cravings?
  • lambypie06
    lambypie06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like strawberries or oranges shipped in dark chocolate. You can add crushed nuts for more protein too
  • xumesg
    xumesg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    70kcal Panna Cotta!!
    Last summer I adapted this easy panna cotta recipe and it was a success! It's in th metric system but only 2numbers need converting if you are american:
    -100ml low fat cream
    -200ml low fat milk (0.something%)
    -a few drops of vanilla extract
    -Equivalent to 4tbs of sugar on your favorite sweetener
    ***carefully boil for 5 min***
    -add 3 flavorless gelatine sheets (already hydrated and melted) and stirr

pour into 4 small bowls and let it solidify in the fridge.

You can top it with fresh fruit, no-sugar jam, dark chocolate sauce.... I usually make a "jam" with frozen strawberries, gelatine and sweetener. With the products I use each bowl has around 70kcal, depending on what's available in your area the values may change a bit.
  • carcar92
    carcar92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    glassgallm wrote: »
    Mini cheesecake bites: makes 12 at 53 calories each without any topping (think cookie sized)
    12 vanilla wafers
    8 oz plain non-fat greek yogurt
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 large egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 F
    In muffin tin for 12 place 12 cupcake papers
    place a vanilla wafer in each paper. (They are usually smaller than the cupcake paper, this is ok)
    In a medium bowl mix together yogurt, sugar, egg and extract. Whisk until smooth.
    Spoon about 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture over each wafer to evenly make 12.
    Bake about 25 min. Do not brown. Remove from oven, cool, refrigerate.

Variations: toppings (add in variations' calories to total above) teaspoon of fruit preserves: cherry, blueberry, etc. or, while hot out of the oven top each with 3 Ghiradelli chocolate chips. let melt and spread over top, or for chococolate cheesecake add 1/4 cup cocoa to yogurt batter and make as above.

What could i use for like a thicker base, i thought maybe oats but im not sure what to bind them with
  • amovin21
    amovin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Secretly Healthy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
    Ingredients
    •1 can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed well
    •2 Tbsp. milk
    •1.5 Tbsp. peanut butter/nut butter of choice
    •2 Tbsp. olive oil
    •3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
    •¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    •½ cup + 1 T. sugar (see note)
    •1 tsp. baking powder
    •1 tsp. vanilla extract
    •pinch of cinnamon
    •pinch of salt
    •⅓ cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
    Instructions
    1.Preheat oven to 375 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2.Combine black beans, milk, peanut butter, and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
    3.Add in whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and continue processing until combined and mousse-like.
    4.Stir in ⅓ c. dark chocolate chips.
    5.Spoon 16 dollops evenly spaced dollops of the batter onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with the extra chocolate chips.
    6.Bake for 10 minutes.
    7.Let cool slightly, then put on a baking rack until they are cooled completely.
    8.ENJOY!!

Notes
    Store in the refrigerator due to the black beans!
    *The sugar in this recipe can be reduced to about ⅓ c. if you prefer the cookies to be less sweet.
  • KatieK1146
    KatieK1146 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Two overripe bananas, 1 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Mash bananas, stir all three together. Drop onto greased baking sheet, I make about 18 cookies. Bake approx 10 minutes or until the edges are browning. Very yummy! Best when hot so I re- heat each time I want some. They are under 50 cal per cookie. Great for breakfast too!!

I made these last night! I didn't have chocolate chips, but they are also great with nuts. I added 2 tsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsp of sliced almonds and 3 tsp of brown sugar, which changed the calories to about 65/ cookie. This is my go-to recipe for when I have overripe bananas.