When Entering Food Check the Valules

Options
SearsBD62052
SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
I am noticing that many of the items that I am entering have the wrong calorie, carb, or other nutritional values wrong. Some have been off by as many as 50 calories. I know companies reformulate and change the recipes and with that the nutritional values change but for me it is worth the minute to check.

I have been checking them and changing them according to the package values.

I know there are guesses as to how much something is ... example a cup of carrot sticks is pretty hard to be accurate with but I want to be as close as possible with my counts.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up.

Brenda

weight.png

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I look and verify, too, Brenda.
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I know there are guesses as to how much something is ... example a cup of carrot sticks is pretty hard to be accurate with but I want to be as close as possible with my counts.

Just an idea -- If you weigh your carrots (or any other vegetable) you can get as accurate as you would get with your other PFs and SCs. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I usually just scan the barcode and then assume it is right.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I am noticing that many of the items that I am entering have the wrong calorie, carb, or other nutritional values wrong. Some have been off by as many as 50 calories. I know companies reformulate and change the recipes and with that the nutritional values change but for me it is worth the minute to check.

I have been checking them and changing them according to the package values.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up.

Brenda

weight.png

Hi Brenda
    I agree with Amanda, I weigh my vegetables and fruits. I found it interesting that the clementines I bought had nutritional information on the bag. No need to Look them up on the Internet. Most all of the vegetables I use have nutritional information too if they came in a bag as fresh or frozen or canned.

Good Luck
    Roger