30 day Shred, anyone?

Options
klluncuva
klluncuva Posts: 5 Member
Today is June 17, and I have 31 days before I will be at an outdoor wedding, in a sleeveless dress. I want to tone up, and was thinking I have the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred, maybe I could find some encouragement here. I'm 53, and my fat and I have become very good friends and it does not want to leave me. So, I'll just work to tone it up!

Replies

• macielsuazo
    macielsuazo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck... never done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. But Have done the insanity... works wonders.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today was Level 1, Day 5 for me. It is a hard workout, but managing OK so far - although dreading level 2!! Dripping by the end of level 1, but do notice improvements in Fitness every day which is really motivating.
  • mdejoia
    mdejoia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im curious to no if it really works. I just don't have time or the ambition to go to the gym.
  • rickychel
    rickychel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did Level 2 but spread it out to 4x a week and I lost about 30 pounds. I am still doing it but menopause just makes it harder now.
  • rickychel
    rickychel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 55.
  • wandacrz
    wandacrz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I haven't seen the video, however; motivation is the key
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Jillian is a genius. I struggle with my knees on her programs and others have had the same complaint. That said I've done body revolution twice and was super happy with the results.
  • muddangel78
    muddangel78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels!! Thirty day shred is a really great work out!! Good luck!!
  • schellerica
    schellerica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty good workout. I get bored doing the same thing but I think it's only a half hour so that's not too bad. If it were me I'd do something else in addition like Zumba once or twice a week. That's a fun way to burn calories and it works a lot of muscles. Or even taking short walks throughout the day adds up.
  • schellerica
    schellerica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You actually inadvertantly motivated me to do it! It's 20 min. Hard but worth it!
  • nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I bought 30 day shred awhile ago but only used it once. Maybe I'll get back on it.
  • KyanaMerinas
    KyanaMerinas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've got it and watched it to see what it was like but never actually done it. :S Time to start!
  • mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it and I really like it for a quick workout. but I am doing it as 10 day level 1, 10 days level 2 and 10 days level 3 and it gets boring sometimes. Although I am doing it 3x a week on my non running days.
    But it is a very good workout in a short time.
    Completely focusing and giving my best during that time has shown some good results to me. flatter abs and tighter non flabby arms to begin with :smiley:

I am on Level 2 last 2 workouts now, and have done 1 level 3 workout as a preview ;)