@*$^! Carbs at 13% *grumble*

Options
For the last 2 weeks, I've been hitting 13% on my carbohydrate ratios. Some days are 8%, but most are 11-13%.

I'm happy with my meals as of lately, so I'm wondering if anyone has a consistent 13% on their carb percentage and still losing weight? I'm so close to maintenance, only 5 lbs to go, and wondering if this will cause a stall. Thanks everyone! o:)

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    i go by grams vice %. how many grams are you eating.
  • nobodysdriving
    nobodysdriving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mmmmm if you can keep up long term that amount of carbs then go ahead. I cannot lose weight unless I keep my carbs below 5 gr per day (yes 5!!!) so I don't eat any fruit or veggies, just meat/fish/butter/oil/eggs and a tablespoon of heavy cream in my coffee, no sweeteners they just give insulin surges/sweet cravings.
    Also if I eat more than 5gr of carbs per day my hunger goes up and my cravings start creeping back, eating less than 5 I am hardly ever hungry and I certainly never crave any food nor want to eat for emotional reasons ever.
  • eatingfatbeingfat
    eatingfatbeingfat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Damn! 5grams...here I was feeling put upon because it seems to be about 20 for me. (total, not net)
  • MegDah1
    MegDah1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you going by the pie chart on here when you look at your carb intake? I wouldn't worry much about the exact percentage as it doesn't deduct the fibre or any sugar alcohols from your totals! This makes the carb ratio look worse than it is. I'd look at the amount of grams instead and deduct what you need to in order to get your actual net carb amount! :)
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Unless your main goal is ketosis, you will lose weight with a deficit in calories even with 13% carbs. If it works for you, then great. If not you'll need to change something.
  • carltonstedman
    carltonstedman Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    gemberly wrote: »
    Unless your main goal is ketosis, you will lose weight with a deficit in calories even with 13% carbs. If it works for you, then great. If not you'll need to change something.

^ That -- ketosis does not necessarily mean weight/fat loss. Caloric deficit means weight loss (some fat, some muscle, depending on your protein level, activity, body fat percentage, sleep, hormones, etc..). You will lose weight in a deficit even with 100% carbs (but _much_ more of that will be muscle).

Ketosis simply helps a lot of folks feel well, whether maintaining a caloric deficit or not.

Percentages don't really matter. Keep the carbs under 25-50g per day and you'll be in ketosis. The lower, the _deeper_ into ketosis you'll be.