New Here

Options
hockey7fan
hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
Hi all! I just had a revision from the lap band to the VSG on 6/1/15 so it's almost my two week mark. Down 20.4 lbs so far and doing well. Glad I can have real food now - the protein shakes exclusively are for the birds.

Replies

• angel073079
    angel073079 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm almost 2 weeks too! 6/4 was my surgery. I'm ready to chew something...
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the loss! I had my sleeve done on 4/29 and I am down 49 lbs!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Glad things went well for you! Yes--- coming off of the liquid diet is a joy. I was fortunate in that I only had to do shakes for less than a week after surgery-- by 2 weeks I was allowed to eat anything as long as I chewed it well. My dr. was a softie. ;) Anyway-- this is a WONDERFUL, supportive place to be-- so glad you are here!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on the sleeve and your loss so far! This is a wonderful place to find out all kinds of information and feel like you are not alone in this journey with all it's twists and turns.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to both hockey and angel! Chewing is good, it will come soon :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    contrats to both hockey and angel. take it slowly and follow the guidance of your surgeon and/or nutritionist. but yeah getting to eat food (even semi-solid) is a definate plus over the all-liquid diet
  • CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, and congrats.
    I was sleeved on 2/3/15. I'm down 35lbs, not a lot of weight, but I'm a gym rat, working out at least 5 days a week, so I'm loosing inches and getting strong. I didn't mind the liquid diet. I did a lot of chicken and veggie broth. What I HATED were the shakes. I just wasn't hungry the first month. I had to eat by the clock.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being sleeved and on being on solid food! I was about to chew my own arm off two weeks post op lol
  • angel073079
    angel073079 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just broke up with my scale this morning! I'm tired of being so reliant on it. I've hit a stall this second week and it's really messing with my head. My spouse hid the scale for me and I've started measuring. This will be the first time in like 100 years that I've not been dependent on that scale for how I will feel that day. Funny how a little mechanical flat piece of plastic and metal can have such an impact on your daily self esteem. I'm done!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Funny how a little mechanical flat piece of plastic and metal can have such an impact on your daily self esteem. I'm done!

WISDOM!! Good for you! I really admire you because I have not yet been able to break up with my scale!
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just broke up with my scale this morning! I'm tired of being so reliant on it. I've hit a stall this second week and it's really messing with my head. My spouse hid the scale for me and I've started measuring. This will be the first time in like 100 years that I've not been dependent on that scale for how I will feel that day. Funny how a little mechanical flat piece of plastic and metal can have such an impact on your daily self esteem. I'm done!

I totally agree with you. I used to weigh myself every day....and then get so upset if I didn't lose, or heaven forbid I gain .02oz....my whole day would be wrecked. I started weighing myself only once and week.....and that has seemed to help. Best of luck to you! We can do this! B)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Good for you, and congrats on the start of your new, healthier life. You will find that when you aren't necessarily losing weight on the scale, you are likely losing inches. But, hiding your scale is a good idea. If you are following your plan you will lose weight and there is no sense in getting stressed if it doesn't seem like you are losing it as fast as you think you should be.
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome. If you need support this is the perfect place to get it. Joining MFP Has been very helpful in my journey, which will be one year next month. Feel free to befriend me if you'd like to!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hockey and Angel. This is an amazingly supportive sight and so informative. I had my surgery Nov. 12, 2014. I lost 47 lbs. before sure and 50 since. I had my first stall at 3 weeks out and I've currently been at a stall for over a month. It's time for me to get moving and up my exercise. :)
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I was sleeved 1/20/15 and down 70lbs. This forum is FANTASTIC! Everyone is a wealth of knowledge. You can boast about a great week of weight loss, you can rant or vent about a tough week and everyone is so understanding and supportive. Best of luck to you!