Have You Set A Weigh In Day?

Options
BevSmith0142
BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any of you have given yourselves a set WI day? My WI will be Friday and I will weigh myself once a week. I also want to track inch loss too, so I'll do that once a month.

How about everyone else?

Replies

• ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any of you have given yourselves a set WI day? My WI will be Friday and I will weigh myself once a week. I also want to track inch loss too, so I'll do that once a month.

How about everyone else?

I don't really have a day picked out. Just kind of when I feel like it. LOL
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started on a Thursday, so that is my day. I thought about switching to Wednesday to make it the middle of the week, but Thursday is working good. I tend to do better in a structured environment with a schedule (my M-F work week), so the weekends can be rough. Weighing in the middle of the week gives me a better average and keeps my spirits up.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Yes, I can relate to weekends being a challenge. I think it's the same for most of us and I also work better in a structured environment too.

Erin - sounds like you have a good relationship with the scales - what I mean is you are not hung up about them and that is a good thing - I think. ;)
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate to weekends being a challenge. I think it's the same for most of us and I also work better in a structured environment too.

Erin - sounds like you have a good relationship with the scales - what I mean is you are not hung up about them and that is a good thing - I think. ;)

It's more...if I think about it I get obsessed. Lol
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I shall do it when I feel but mostly sat morning :-)
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I usually do it on Saturday morning, my weekends tend to be busy and not always on track diet wise so I figure if I do it on Saturday morning i've had all week to undo any damage I might of done. I am more into inches right now as the scale doesn't seem to be moving! Maybe we can share our success with each other as we don't seem to all have the same day in mind, lol.
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm weighing myself twice a week, once on Friday and once on Monday, to keep myself accountable over the weekends!
  • stellagracr
    stellagracr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going to pick Monday, because I've had trouble being accountable on the weekends. I promise not to weigh except on Mondays, so I can't play games with the numbers.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    That's great to hear ladies - most of us have chosen a set day to help us stay on track and keep accountable and I think that will go a long way to helping us with our weight loss goals too. ;)
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    I usually do it on Saturday morning, my weekends tend to be busy and not always on track diet wise so I figure if I do it on Saturday morning i've had all week to undo any damage I might of done. I am more into inches right now as the scale doesn't seem to be moving! Maybe we can share our success with each other as we don't seem to all have the same day in mind, lol.

Ginette, we're on the same page! Haha I was thinking of setting up a monthly thread simply called Weigh In Results for each month. Not that we have to share actual weight, just share if we lost, gained or STS. What do you think?
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Good idea Bev, let's do that!
  • yavonne67
    yavonne67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know they say not to, but usually weight every day...when I am behaving.
  • yavonne67
    yavonne67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did you set up the weigh in thread/post yet?
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    No, I'll do that for us now.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have a very unusual schedule work wise (some weeks I can work 7 days, others only 2 or 3) so most things in my life are pretty flexible, including weigh day. I also have found that my weight fluctuates quite a lot (probably water weight based on how hard I push in training) so I only ever log when it drops. I weigh when I remember, but only ever first thing in the morning.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day is usually Saturday morning after I pee but before breakfast. I usually forget though
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Well we will let everyone log in when they have done their weigh in, whatever works for everyone, I wouldn't weight myself tomorrow morning as i've been bad.... should never have deprived myself of lunch, now I have to go mow the grass, ughh... punishment and exercise all at once.
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day is usually Saturday morning after I pee but before breakfast. I usually forget though
    Me too!!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    GinetteMac wrote: »
    Well we will let everyone log in when they have done their weigh in, whatever works for everyone, I wouldn't weight myself tomorrow morning as i've been bad.... should never have deprived myself of lunch, now I have to go mow the grass, ughh... punishment and exercise all at once.

Sorry Ginette, had to smile when I read your post. ;) Never mind, a new day today and a fresh start. I was naughty yesterday and had a lapse - caramel popcorn and a belgium chocolate cookie (why?) but I did manage a bit of walking. Tomorrow is when I WI and I find out how much damage I've done. Sigh...
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure as near to every other monday as i can get. I work 4 on 4 off and don't have the time or inclination to weigh on work days so it does vary a lot. Next weigh in this sunday.