Tests & Procedures & Surgeries, Oh My!

Options
Jockimom
Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
A few months ago, I had a bad flare and ended up in the hospital for a week. It took me forever to seek medical care because I have 3 kiddos and no one to watch them (family lives far away, friends work, DH works overseas, etc...). But I also thought I just had a tummy bug or food poisoning or something because there was no blood. None at all. No matter how severe the flare was - weird, right? Lots of pain, cramping, diarrhea, throwing up, etc... all the fun stuff ;) But no blood, so I thought, "Well, it can't be UC!"

Anyway, lots of meds later, I'm better, and since I was too ill for a successful scope in the hospital (not that they didn't make me prep and try, grrrr), I had one yesterday. Great! I feel fine, no symptoms, no problem. Unfortunately I have a "stricture", which I guess is a bottleneck of sorts, and now they want to do surgery to remove that portion of my colon. Today I have to endure a barium enema (#$@!*%!!!!!) because they still can't "see" how extensive the damage is. So I went from feeling fine to 3 days of fasting, 6 hours of "prep", 2 invasive tests and potentially, surgery.

SO, SO frustrated! Anyone else want to share your frustrations? Misery loves company lol!

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I hope it went well and that are recovering quickly!