What One Thing/Person will Always Get You Motived To Workout?

Options
GetSexyU
GetSexyU Posts: 20 Member
I use Pintrest! And when I am feeling down, tired, or just don't want to workout. I look up 'Black Women Fitness" and I see women like us who are still healthy, beautiful, and all different shapes, and sizes. And I say to myself "my sisters can do and so can I". :)

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sort of ashamed to admit this but, over the weekend I was at the mall and sort of people watching . . . I went to the gym after leaving the mall. I like your idea of looking at Black Women who are fit, I do not tend to see myself or what I want to be in my community - not even at the gym!
  • G819
    G819 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In the past "events" have usually motivated me. Trips, weddings, reunions etc. This is the first time that I am motivated to lose weight, and it's because I want to be healthier, and have more energy for my children.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My motivation is seeing the numbers on the scale decreasing, my clothes getting loser, feeling good about myself and compliments from others who have noticed my weight loss.
  • GetSexyU
    Options
    Yea
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    Sort of ashamed to admit this but, over the weekend I was at the mall and sort of people watching . . . I went to the gym after leaving the mall. I like your idea of looking at Black Women who are fit, I do not tend to see myself or what I want to be in my community - not even at the gym!

yea, but we are out there and its time to change the perception that black women not only workout, but we also get and STAY fit too. The amazing things is that our fitness can look 50 different ways and still be beautiful! Good luck hun!

• GetSexyU
    Options
    G819 wrote: »
    In the past "events" have usually motivated me. Trips, weddings, reunions etc. This is the first time that I am motivated to lose weight, and it's because I want to be healthier, and have more energy for my children.

Congrats on being your own motivation this time G819

• GetSexyU
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    My motivation is seeing the numbers on the scale decreasing, my clothes getting loser, feeling good about myself and compliments from others who have noticed my weight loss.

Lol, don't you just feel so great and your smile get bigger when people have noticed all the work you have put into looking even better? Go knock dead 12774!

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    GetSexyU wrote: »
    12774 wrote: »

Lol, don't you just feel so great and your smile get bigger when people have noticed all the work you have put into looking even better? Go knock dead 12774!

Lol,that too!
  • macielsuazo
    macielsuazo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My current motivation is my mother she is 58 years old and looks 40. I am 29 and also look 40. See my point?
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    The feeling of accomplishment after I finish a workout.
  • countrygirl336
    countrygirl336 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The libido I get after a workout! <3 My husband loves when I workout! Lol