Summer Celebrations

Options
cbrestensky
cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
Summer starts this coming Sunday and brings new challenges for us watching our calories. Along with all the advantages like fresh produce and increased activities, comes parties, reunions, picnics, weddings, graduations,etc. What tricks help get you through all these events without back sliding????

Replies

• melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oooh great question
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat pretty much what i want at the event and stick with the programme the rest of the time. Do try to make slightly healthier choices tho - diet drinks instead of regular, chicken instead of sausage, smaller portions - but i figure that i want this to be a lifestyle and that's going to include parties and indulgence.
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat pretty much what i want at the event and stick with the programme the rest of the time. Do try to make slightly healthier choices tho - diet drinks instead of regular, chicken instead of sausage, smaller portions - but i figure that i want this to be a lifestyle and that's going to include parties and indulgence.

I agree
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree honey and that's how I do my daily diet intake as well, I eat smaller portions and substitute fries for more vegies, etc. I try to back away after i've had enough to eat and not continue to graze like the old days, tomorrow we are off to a huge memorial event and there will be lots of food and drinks, yikes, lets hope I can be good. We are driving there and it's six hours away so I won't get my exercise in, but I might get up extra early and walk the puppy before we leave. I am also bringing my running shoes so that on Sunday while everyone sleeps I am going to go for a long walk at least that's the plan!