OMG I hit goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :)

My Dr did not have me set a goal weight.... is this normal? I have a figure in my mind of where I would like to be.... but
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ADF108 wrote: »
    My Dr did not have me set a goal weight.... is this normal? I have a figure in my mind of where I would like to be.... but

my surgeon didn't set a goal weight, but my nutritionist set a goal. his goal was to get my BMI under 25. I know some out there don't have much use for the BMI, but it does give you something to shoot for. once you get your BMI down, you and your pcm can figure out where you want to end up.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    ADF108 wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!! :)

My dr. did not set one for me. I was a little over 300 just before I had surgery. When my dr. asked me I said I wanted to get to 225---he said that was fine and he thought that was do-able. I blew past that goal in less than 6 months and have lost way more since then. I liked having a very reachable goal (225) because everything that came after felt like "BONUS!"-- ya know? :)
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My surgeon didn't have a goal for me, but was OK with the goal I walked in with. I shot for a BMI that was in the middle of the Overweight range and was 20 pounds lower than I had been as an adult. I hit that goal (am about 5 pounds under it) and am happy with the way I look and feel. If my body wants to settle a bit lower, I won't complain, but I figure with getting older, whatever loose skin I have, etc. I am extremely happy with where I am right now.

I also believe that with the skills and habits I have learned through this process, I have the tools to hit a different number if I set my mind to it.

I wish for everyone to have a time when they are truly happy with where they are. Even if it is higher than your ultimate goal, don't rob yourself of the joy that should come from what you have achieved just because you are not all the way to where you want to be.

Rob
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • ADF108
    ADF108 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    badhair56, Thaeda, & Rob, thanks for the words of wisdom. As always everyone is very helpful! :)
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »

I wish for everyone to have a time when they are truly happy with where they are. Even if it is higher than your ultimate goal, don't rob yourself of the joy that should come from what you have achieved just because you are not all the way to where you want to be.

Rob

THIS^^^^^ AWESOME!!!
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sending up the fireworks to celebrate.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    my doc didn't set goals either but I did, mini ones I have hit two and am on my way to the third, there is one more after that
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well shoot the main reason to reply was to say congratulations first... the mind is the second thing to go, the first as the weight :D