Introductions

Options
thefifthvalue
thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
Hi everyone and thanks for joining me on my Whole 30 journey! I am currently on Day 3, and so far so good. My name is Stephanie, I'm 27 and from Chicago.

Trying to jump start my weight loss again, so thought the Whole 30 could be a good way to detox and learn how to incorporate clean eating into my life!

My cousin's beach wedding at the end of July was a huge motivator to start getting serious about losing some weight and just eating healthier in general. The plan is to wait until after I finish on July 15th to buy a dress after hopefully losing some pounds and inches!

As for right now I haven't incorporated any exercise, but I'm thinking next week I'm going to get out and run/walk.

What made you guys decide to do Whole 30? Excited to have some pals for this challenge! :)

Replies

• lromberg
    lromberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Laura and I've attempted a few whole 30s before but haven't been successful. I've made it to day 18 before and then fell apart at a work get together and couldn't get back on track. I felt really good while doing it though! I have a really bad sweet tooth and have been eating very poorly recently and just feel super gross! I plan on starting the whole30 tomorrow. My husband is not interested in doing a whole 30 so whenever I try to do one, I am always by myself which makes it difficult for me. So, hopefully this time I will succeed!
  • dmfaler
    dmfaler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura and Stephanie

My name is Denise. I am 57 and also from Chicago! I am married and have an 18 year old son, a 17 year old daughter. I lost 25 pounds about 7 years ago, ran marathons and felt better than I have my whole life. I slowly slipped out of running and began emotional/stress eating and put the weight back on. I started feeling terrible and had no energy or motivation. I have my 40th high school reunion the end of July and a wedding in September so I am motivated. I did the Fast Metabolism Diet last summer and lost 10 pounds. I really liked it (also clean eating but a little more challenging since you can only eat certain foods on certain days). I started Whole 30 last Sunday and was doing great..felt fantastic and lost over 3 pounds right away. Blew it yesterday with Mexican food and margaritas and now I feel awful..lol! Back at it today.

so glad to have others to share the journed..
  • thefifthvalue
    Options
    Hi Laura! Thanks for finding us!

@dmfaler Yay Chicago! Maybe we can even swap restaurants that have Whole 30 compliant meals :)

• dmfaler
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm on whole 30 day 5. Never done one of these before, I needed to find a diet that would work long term. I seemed to have been derailing myself with the once a week cheat days. So far so good, it's not terribly different from how I eat when I'm trying to eat healthy. It will be tough to maintain long term, with no cheats!
  • Loribike
    Loribike Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started on June 15th as well
  • summer2015newme
    summer2015newme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay welcome @jane130 and @Loribike!! Make sure to check out the other threads too :)
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm starting the Whole 30 on July 1st and did it once before this year. I really enjoyed the results :) I'm doing it with a group of friends at home, too.
  • dmfaler
    Options
    So glad to see so many people joining! Bebe..so great you have a group of friends to do this with.
  • stefanie_osborne
    stefanie_osborne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Stefanie. I am 41, married, have a 19 yr old daughter and a 22yr old son(both live on their own). My doctor suggested me doing Whole 30. I have gained 80+ pounds in the last 4 years. The plan looks pretty strict to me because I eat whatever I want whenever I want but, I know that has to change. I am planning on starting within the next couple of days. As soon as I can get all of the stuff I need because I don't want to leave anything to chance.
  • thefifthvalue
    Options
    Hi Stefanie! So I'm currently on Day 10 and it's going pretty well. The hardest part is having to cook so much, to be honest. Although it seems restrictive, once you start cooking with what you can have, you realize it's not so bad :) Good luck and happy to have you along for the ride!
  • dmfaler
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie! It might help if you cook ahead and freeze in individual portions. I do taco meat, grilled chicken. I also like to keep hard boiled eggs on hand. I love smoothies and that's a quick and easy breakfast. It's a lot easier if you like salads :)
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am from Oregon. Not sure if this is the correct group since I have not started the plan.
    I plan to start Whole 30 August 12, after my summer guest leave. In the meantime, I am reading the book and practicing the recipes.
  • amandaKd94
    amandaKd94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing an August Whole 30?
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Starting August 12.
  • maycheckee
    maycheckee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just finished my first Whole30 yesterday with huge success. :) I lost 19 pounds and 14 inches! I am feeling awesome and am actually going on for another 30 days! :) The differences in me before and after are amazing and I am excited to see what else will happen. So....today is day 1 for me Amanda! Hope you are starting soon!
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hi all, i am on day 9, started August 3, and feel great! I had a few rough days at the beginning with stomach pains but it's all sorted out (almonds did it i think), and I have lots of energy and am actually enjoying the meals. I have an 18 month old and had lost 20ish lbs of baby weight since January, but sort of stalled out this summer. I have about 10 more baby lbs to lose but i want to lose more than that before trying for baby number two!

My mom and sis did it back in may and they had great results that they have either maintained or continued to see after ending. I was the stubborn one, but now I am convinced as well!