Starting Whole30 on Monday!

Options
Ay_Rene
Ay_Rene Posts: 32 Member
Hey Lovely People!

I have decieded that I am personally challenging myself to do Whole30. Contrary to all the people telling me that its too restrictive, I've been thinking about this program for a while now and the people I know who have completed this had great success! I am looking for supporters and encouraging people to help me get through this, or maybe even people who are currently going through the program or want to start with me Monday!

I cannot wait to hear from you!

Thanks!

Angela

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    If you're on the official forums they will encourage you to eat starchy carbs, but I've done a couple W30's keto-style and it works fine.
  • Ay_Rene
    Ay_Rene Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    If you're on the official forums they will encourage you to eat starchy carbs, but I've done a couple W30's keto-style and it works fine.

Yeah, the original forums were very unsupportive and some people were very rude. I'm not about that! I am happy to have found this. What is keto-style?
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Keto = low enough carb that you are in ketosis, meaning using fat for energy and creating more ketones.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you found us. I was just reading this program over this week and it looks excellent. I think you will find many here who are eating quite similarly, even if they are not actually following it. Keep us posted as you get underway!
  • sass_hole
    sass_hole Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 Whole30's and it completely changed my relationship with food for the better. While I am finding that low carb works best for me and my health challenges, I still incorporate a lot of Whole30 and Whole9 principles into my life. Good luck to you!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I haven't done the whole 30 myself, but have seen success with others who have. The first week or two can be tough, but after that it gets better. It comes down to choice. We must choose to not eat carbage in the beginning then it becomes so much easier to resist. Hang in there! :smile: