Victories

Options
NJbabe
NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
Let's have a thread where we can share small (or even significant) weight loss-related victories. ;)

For starters:

My husband and I went to Williams Sonoma tonight to pick up a few cooking tools/supplies. There's a Maggiano's restaurant (one of my favorite) very near by. We seriously considered going there after we completed our shopping. A typical meal I would've eaten before included:

1. Appetizer: Spinach & Artichoke al Forno (to share) - 550 calories (for 1/2 of it), 38 grams of fat, 1,040 sodium, 34.5 g carbs, etc. Add crostini (crispy bread toasted with olive oil) to that and you have a calorie bomb.

2. Entrée: Famous Rigatoni “D” - a whopping 1,450 calories, 76 grams of fat, 2,490 sodium, 127 g carbs, 66 g protein. (Note: I normally wouldn't finish that at one sitting; I'd take about half of it to go... but still.)

3. Dessert: Italian Spumoni (to share) - 255 calories (for 1/2 of it), 13.5 grams of fat, 30.5 g carbs, 25.5 g sugar.

4. About 3 bread rolls with olive oil - 180 calories for all 3.

Total: 2,405 calories (+ the ones from the olive oil.) Ugh! :blush:

This time around, I decided to skip all that. I got home and made some healthy, but delicious fresh guacamole (using only 1 medium avocado), as well as 200 gr. grilled chicken breast. I feel light and not hungry at all. ;)

Share your victories! ;)

Replies

• deedee8102
    deedee8102 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My pants are getting looser and my skin is looking more refreshed!! :o
  • NJbabe
    Options
    Nice job, deedee! Do you measure yourself regularly?

How is everyone's May going? :)

I took my measurements on April 18th (5 days after I initiated my new healthy lifestyle.)
    I took them again 20 days later and I found out the following...

- I had lost 2 inches off my bust (under.)
    - I had lost 2 inches off my waist.
    - I had lost 2.5 inches off my hips.
    - I had lost over 1 inch off my thighs.
    - I had lost 0.5 inch off my neck.

Happy! :) This has further motivated me to stick to my goals...
  • deedee8102
    deedee8102 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I weigh-in every week. But I definitely use the shape of my face and how my clothes fit to see the loss in inches.
  • NJbabe
    Options
    On my 50th day of logging into MFP, I'd like to share this with you:

I have officially lost 10 kg. (22 lbs.) Woo hoo! :)

If that isn't some extra motivation to keep going, I don't know what is...
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations!!!

So far I am on day ... 96

I have lost 47.2 lbs so far. I lost 24 in the first 30 days and it has been pretty slow since then, but I keep hacking away and losing, so keep going guys! you can do this!
  • NJbabe
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congratulations to you too! It sounds like you are doing great. Things always slow down after the initial couple of weeks. That's normal.

Today is day 70 for me. I've lost 15 kg. (33 lbs.) so far. :) I took my measurements three days ago - I've lost 6" off my waist, 5" off my hips, 5.5" off my over bust area, etc.

I'm looking forward to continuing this... I feel so much lighter and healthier already. I imagine what the final result would feel like.
  • NJbabe
    Options
    I fit in a size 18 dress today. :blush:

And not just any size 18 dress, but one that I've had in my closet for 3.5 years... unable to wear it.

It's from a brand that I regularly purchase clothes from. And just 80 days ago all of my dresses from them were size 22.

That's some good motivation right there... :wink:
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I had a similar experience. I am down to size 42 pants for the first time since I was probably 18 or 19. In March I was wearing size 48s.