Goals this week?

Options
shedthesweater
shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
What are you goals this coming week? Would love to hear.

Mine: To complete my food tracker, slacking this last week. Drink my Green Tea, I started today, and it was great! used to gag when I drank it. And have a successful weigh in.

Replies

• FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ours are similar! This week my goals are to 1. LOG! 2. switch from chai latte to plain tea and 3. get at least 10k steps/day
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Funny fit, you might want to try the Chai tea that you can buy in a regular tea bag. It doesn't have the sugar in it that mixes have. But it still has a hint of the spices, and if you want it sweet you control how much.

My goals this week- 1. Log all my food, 2.stay at or under (just by a few) my calorie goal of 1200 and 3. do some kind of exercise 3 times.
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    FunnyFit wrote: »
    Ours are similar! This week my goals are to 1. LOG! 2. switch from chai latte to plain tea and 3. get at least 10k steps/day
    Nice!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Funny fit, you might want to try the Chai tea that you can buy in a regular tea bag. It doesn't have the sugar in it that mixes have. But it still has a hint of the spices, and if you want it sweet you control how much.

My goals this week- 1. Log all my food, 2.stay at or under (just by a few) my calorie goal of 1200 and 3. do some kind of exercise 3 times.

Like your goals, I have tried the Chai tea, I didn't care for it. I'm drinking plain green tea then adding One Spenda, or Stevia In The Raw. I'm making icetea with it today. Happy week to you!

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Goal:

Get through this challenging week and prepare for challenging week next week.

Stay On Plan

MOVE as much as I can.

Get 8 hours of sleep.

Repeat above every day.

• shedthesweater
    Options
    Goal:

Get through this challenging week and prepare for challenging week next week.

Stay On Plan

MOVE as much as I can.

Get 8 hours of sleep.

Repeat above every day.

Success to you! you're doing great!

• FunnyFit
    Options
    SurrealChereal, I am going to have to go shopping for some new teas tonight, thanks for the tip!

Shedthesweater, the cup I brewed this am was SO strong that I too added it to ice, ha!

Making that switch is saving me quite a few calories each am, even though I was using Silk's 1/2 almond 1/2 coconut milk for only 50 calories...the TAZO mix was high in calories :(
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    SurrealChereal, I am going to have to go shopping for some new teas tonight, thanks for the tip!

Shedthesweater, the cup I brewed this am was SO strong that I too added it to ice, ha!

Making that switch is saving me quite a few calories each am, even though I was using Silk's 1/2 almond 1/2 coconut milk for only 50 calories...the TAZO mix was high in calories :(

I'm picky about my teas, but like mentioned I'm drinking the green tea. Today I took my big ice tea jar (Glass) filled half with bottled water, 7 green tea bags, and into the jar they went into the sunshine in the backyard. Drinking it as we speak, a nice cold green Ice Tea with one package of Splenda, it's great! Let me know what teas you find.

• PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Vanilla Chai Tea! I need to buy defac next time so I can drink it in the evening. But it's my morning go-to tea flavor!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    I will have to try it Peggy, you make it sound yummy! I drank Two huge glasses of Green Ice tea yesterday, and today I'm adding some Lemon, I heard this is even better for you. Love it!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    I gave up my Black Ice Tea for Green Tea for the next few weeks, to see how it goes. But I must say after Two glasses yesterday, I had a BUZZ no joke! what the heck! Let's see what happens today! I'm adding lemon in today.
  • FunnyFit
    Options
    OK, I ended up getting a few. I enjoy the full leaf, so I restocked on the TAZO vanilla roobios and got a tin of chocolate peppermint. I am also trying a cinnamon orange spice that I cannot wait to have in the am. I am now hooked on pouring it over ice! I don't add anything to it, but might have to go get some lemons, now that you mention it :)

I know I should not have but I also got some cherry-lime La Croix. It has zero calories, sodium, artificial stuff, etc... but I am trying to drink more plain water with fresh fruit slices/berries in it. It has been HARD to get all my water in lately!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My goals this week --- (1) exercise no more than 30 min, and not more than 5 times this week, (2) eat 1 SC before exercise, and 1 PF right after exercise, (3) modify my calorie intake to 1500 on the days I exercise, (4) to see if I can find this stupid calorie/exercise balance that I have messed myself up with!!!!
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Now that sounds like a great goal PattyP!
    I'm meeting my calorie goals so far and I exercised yesterday 10 minutes and today 28 minutes aerobics and then some crunches after that.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    New goal...add visualization to my walks....as i walk i will picture the fat peeling off my body....every day i will also journal what im grateful for each day....
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned before that diet coke has been my biggest struggle. I've pretty much given it up (snif snif) and only have one every 10 days or so. (It's a MUST with pizza). I started drinking Crystal Light instead and loving it. Soooo I decided to research the ingredients and found out that it also contains aspartame. The very reason I've given up diet coke!!! Dang! I drink lots and lots of plain water but was hoping to find something for a little variety. Sometimes this healthy eating business sucks!! Lol
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    They do make a Diet Coke with Splenda, Peggy.
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    OK, I ended up getting a few. I enjoy the full leaf, so I restocked on the TAZO vanilla roobios and got a tin of chocolate peppermint. I am also trying a cinnamon orange spice that I cannot wait to have in the am. I am now hooked on pouring it over ice! I don't add anything to it, but might have to go get some lemons, now that you mention it :)

I know I should not have but I also got some cherry-lime La Croix. It has zero calories, sodium, artificial stuff, etc... but I am trying to drink more plain water with fresh fruit slices/berries in it. It has been HARD to get all my water in lately!

Oh my gosh! some great one's love it! that Chocolate peppermint sounds amazing! and the Cinnamon Orange Spice yummy! I love them COLD with ice like you mentioned. Love my Green Tea now, I didn't make it to the Farmers market for my lemons or the grocery store, got too busy after I came home from the gym, but getting them tomorrow, I will keep you posted on this. Love everything you purchased, so fun! trying new teas. Let me know how they taste yummy! I like the water idea with fresh fruit, so refreshing!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    New goal...add visualization to my walks....as i walk i will picture the fat peeling off my body....every day i will also journal what im grateful for each day....

Love it! great idea! I do thank God on my nice walks for his beauty and allowing me to enjoy it.

• shedthesweater
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    I've mentioned before that diet coke has been my biggest struggle. I've pretty much given it up (snif snif) and only have one every 10 days or so. (It's a MUST with pizza). I started drinking Crystal Light instead and loving it. Soooo I decided to research the ingredients and found out that it also contains aspartame. The very reason I've given up diet coke!!! Dang! I drink lots and lots of plain water but was hoping to find something for a little variety. Sometimes this healthy eating business sucks!! Lol

I hear ya on the Diet soda, I used to drink a lot of Diet Pepsi years ago, and I still crave one now and again. But I drink so much water, it's coming out my ears. HA! now I'm hooked on Green Tea, and adding lemons in. I throw in one packet of either Splenda or Stevia In The Raw, with a ton of ice. Loving it! Try it! Aspartame is horrible, and I know it's in the diet drinks, it's a tough one to give up, but it sounds like you're on your way.