Last 10 pounds/5% bodyfat Frustration

Options

Replies

• samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Well done @j1wright . Take it one day at a time. Just concentrate on 1 lb at a time and you will get there.
    j1wright wrote: »
    Samra, I accepted your request. Worked out for over an hour today and feel great. I hope I can keep this up.

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks Samra. You keep it up as well. All you ladies seem like we are in the same boat. What all are you doing to lose it? I am at 1200 cal meal plan and working out at least 3 times a week but I am considering this my first week back because I am more determined than ever. My clothes are too tight and I am not buying new clothes. Lol.
  • samra338
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 cal day too...I do C25K 3 days a week and home video workouts with some strength training on the alternate days.
  • iopasdbnm
    iopasdbnm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's so hard.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 10 now! I was struggling...and the scale wasn't moving..up or down so I decided to just back off for a few days. Didn't log on for a week, but kept an eye on what I ate and continued to work out. Haven't weighed in for 2.5 weeks. Now I'm back, relaxed and 3 pounds lighter! I think, at least in my situation, the stress of always counting, measuring and worrying 'is this going to bring me over 1200?"....just wasn't working.
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm in the same situation! My stats:

height - 5'4
    weight - 134 (131-134 fluctuations)
    goal - 127 (ish) not sure more focused on running, body fat and how my clothes fit

I think my main problem is with snacking. My meals are healthy but then I eat donuts or chips or ice cream and ruin all of my progress.

I feel like I should just buckle down for a few weeks and be done with this but some how I always manage to get off track!
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    Options
    Maybe we can organize our efforts and motivation into a kind of 10 pound boot camp? Like the Biggest Loser Challenge group they have here. I dropped 10 pounds (give or take) in that challenge and had a lot of fun. I felt kind of bad because I had a lot less weight to get off. But we are all in a similar situation so the competition could be fierce and fun!!!!! :smiley:
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    Options
    Here is a link to the challenge I was talking about. We could make some changes to the challenge to make it specific to the "Last 10 Pounds"...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120155/april-june-get-ready-for-summer-2015-challenge-guidelines#Item_47

Would there be any interest in that?

If so I'm happy to help coordinate teams and weigh ins :)
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 8-10lbs - haven't decided exactly on my goal weight. Starting to get really impatient now that it's starting to slow - want these pounds gone!! *sulks* :)
  • carole4000
    carole4000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    At 5' 4" would love to lose 10lb but cannot seem to get below 140lb. I seem to lose a pound then gain 2lb. Walk a lot and just started to walk/jog outside as well as treadmill/gym. Got a bit of a battle with my weight at the moment!
  • mnsmov15
    mnsmov15 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am finally bucking down, working out 6 days a week, eating mostly in control and got down to 129 from 133/134.
    On my 5' 4" frame, I see a difference. I like myself better @ <125 but find it to be too hard to maintain.
    I always over indulge on weekends and ruin my 5 day work weeks hard work.

• samra338
    Options
    The link doesn't work, but I love the idea!
    Here is a link to the challenge I was talking about. We could make some changes to the challenge to make it specific to the "Last 10 Pounds"...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120155/april-june-get-ready-for-summer-2015-challenge-guidelines#Item_47

• amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here--working out 6 days/week, try to stay with in 1200 but seem to occasionally blow it out of the water with evening snacking, events with drinks and eating out. I'd be up for a challenge if it started in a few weeks. I would like to see how I do over the next month first.
  • cnebesnik
    cnebesnik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    samra338 wrote: »
    The link doesn't work, but I love the idea!

Me too! I joined mfp because of these last ten lbs. I couldn't get the link to work either :(
  • boldenbarbcenturylinknet
    Options
    Taleatia wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new to this group and am really frustrated right now.

I'm 5'4", 134 lbs. and about 24.5% body fat wanting to get down to 124 lbs. or around 20% body fat...which ever happens first or feels good really.

I've been around my current weight for 2 to 3 years and have tried to shed the last bit of weight to reach my goal physique probably a dozen times now. Since I don't look terrible, it's been really hard to stay motivated. I exercise 4 to 6 days per week year round and have gotten consistently stronger and more fit, but it doesn't seem to change my physique that much.

I know my problem is diet but I just can't sustain a good calorie deficit for long enough to reach my goal. Since it's no longer a matter of health, I tend to overeat on weekends, at special events and during times of stress. The rest of the time my diet is very healthy and calorie-controlled.

For those of you in similar situations, what are you doing to stay motivated and keep on track?
    I'd also love some buddies who would like to trade updates/messages once or twice a week if anyone is interested!

The last few lbs are the toughest for sure. I'm 69 yrs old, 5'6" and 162lbs. I do Masters Crossfit 3 days per wk and watch calories and nutrition. Building muscle and trying to loose weight is a pain...a good thing though.
    I find having partners in crime, if you will, helps tremendously.
    Hang in there. Find a buddy to help you on those occasions when you are prone to giving yourself too much latitude. "Cheating" can sometimes negate the new eating regime and make it seem temporary instead of a new life style, be careful.
    Barb
    Options
    Toadstool_ wrote: »
    I'm on my last 8-10lbs - haven't decided exactly on my goal weight. Starting to get really impatient now that it's starting to slow - want these pounds gone!! *sulks* :)

Well kiddo, you didn't gain the corpulence over night.... I totally understand the impatience though. I'm doing everything right yet the progress is sooo slow.
    Options

Sure.
    Barb
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 20-25lbs, so it'll be longer for me. :D
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5'4", 125 (started this round of loss at 135)....I've been doing around 1400-1500 calories a day, which is really really slow, but the only way I can keep it up.

I stay motivated by logging everything, even the bad days. Even the summer days where I go to a bbq and just eat a bunch and then have to sit for half an hour and remember what the hell I ate.

I'm just coming off a 10-day break and in 10 days of not logging, I can tell a difference. So, logging and slogging it out is my strategy...for weeks and weeks and weeks...sigh.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I find that if I can get my stress level down I can lose.