New to the group and looking for VSG buddies

Options
Hi folks, I was sleeved on the 25th of May this year. Since starting my pre op diet 2 weeks prior to surgery I've lost 26lbs so far. I just signed up to MFP to start tracking my food and eventually my exercise. It would be great to have some buddies for motivation and inspiration.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 1/13/15. It has been an amazing ride!! There are a lot of awesome people on here!! Feel free to add me!
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved May 7th of this year and so I am just 5 weeks out. I have had a really easy time getting back to my busy life. Little pain at the start and no food issues thus far. I have one week of restricted diet and then I just eat to lose...my choices of WHAT to eat. Add as a friend if you'd like. I am 5' 11' with over 150 to go. I am down 25 since surgery and 63 since I started the process in November. Ready to be thin and healthy.
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sleeve done 5-18. Stalled this week but weight finally dropped this AM. I go back to work Monday.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 2/17/15. Feel free to add me!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sleeved on04/01/15. feel free to add me
  • MichelleMCRNP
    MichelleMCRNP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 5/21/15. You're welcome to add me.
  • rooneyjo
    rooneyjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my VSG done on 5/14/15 and would also like to connect with others for tips and food ideas. I've lost 30 pounds since surgery, 49 pounds since 2/25. Good luck to All!
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too! I want to learn from all of you, Just found out I'll be having the sleeve at the end of August. Have you all been watching the Youtube vidoes too? Its really great there is a way to connect like this.Its fine for any of you to freind me if you'd like. I am really new to using the site too.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be as everyone seems very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I had my sleeve done 11/19/14, so I'm almost 7 mos. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you found a great group here they have all been wonderful!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm an old timer, had my surgery 10-09-13. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • 621jpm
    621jpm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on April 9th of this year....I need more friends on here to get more ideas on what everyone is eating....I will be requesting you all. Good luck to all!
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve 13 months ago. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Gleno97
    Gleno97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved May 20 and I couldnèt be happier. You can add me if you like and good luck to you.
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I there! I sent a request. I'm 2 years post-op (sleeved 5/28/13). Starting weight was 311 lbs and I now fluctuate between 162 & 166 lbs and I'm 5'3" tall. Happy as can be! :smile:
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am new here too. I have not had my surgery and it looks like it will not take place until 2016. I had my first consultation this past Wed and have my first Nutrition class next Monday. My insurance has requested a 6 month supervised diet despite the fact that I have been on Nutrisystem for a year. During that time I lost 44 pounds so I a hoping this 6 month supervised diet I will be getting will get even more weight off. I was once 497 and over the years have gotten to 352 but now due to age and disability the weight is just not coming off any more. I did sign up for a few different WL groups so if you read this before I am sorry. I am looking for friends who will be or did have the sleeve surgery.
    remodellingme and mcconch6 I did send you an invite and any one else feel free to send me a friends request.

• akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on June 18, 2015. Looking for a few VSG friends for Fitbit challenges, and myfitnesspal encouragement!
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ssbeadlady wrote: »
    Hi all I am new here too. I have not had my surgery and it looks like it will not take place until 2016. I had my first consultation this past Wed and have my first Nutrition class next Monday. My insurance has requested a 6 month supervised diet despite the fact that I have been on Nutrisystem for a year. During that time I lost 44 pounds so I a hoping this 6 month supervised diet I will be getting will get even more weight off. I was once 497 and over the years have gotten to 352 but now due to age and disability the weight is just not coming off any more. I did sign up for a few different WL groups so if you read this before I am sorry. I am looking for friends who will be or did have the sleeve surgery.
    remodellingme and mcconch6 I did send you an invite and any one else feel free to send me a friends request.

Did you ask them if your doctor writes a letter stating that you have been on Nutrisystem for a year under his/her supervision if they will accept that? That's what mine did. I had been on Weight Watchers and my doctor just wrote a letter stating that she had been supervising it even though that wasn't exactly the truth. The insurance accepted it.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hockey7fan wrote: »
    ssbeadlady wrote: »

Did you ask them if your doctor writes a letter stating that you have been on Nutrisystem for a year under his/her supervision if they will accept that? That's what mine did. I had been on Weight Watchers and my doctor just wrote a letter stating that she had been supervising it even though that wasn't exactly the truth. The insurance accepted it.

My surgery doctor was shown the weight loss chart from NS, the calorie chart from MFP and the NS orders I purchased but not the actual receipts. He asked me to print out the actual receipts for him but I do not think he will be doing the suggestion you gave. When I see him again in July I can ask but if he didn't see me for 6 months while on NS I doubt he would be the type of Dr to say he did. I also have a hernia and he wants some test done I guess to see exactly what is involved with that before surgery too. He sees I am using a mobility scooter due to herniated and bulging discs and knows about all the other physical conditions. So despite the fact that I do not have diabetes he feels I will be accepted. We just have to jump through the hoops for 6 months.