Starting Out Advice

Options
Maquillage_
Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
I'm not new to exercise, and not totally unfit, but I have been off the wagon for about 3 months now and it's hard to find the motivation to get out of bed and workout! I thought starting a structured program might keep me motivated. I've read amazing things about BR and I did love Jillian's 30DS, so I thought I'd give it a try. I think BR might work better for me, because I got so bored doing 30DS, the same workout for 10 days is a killer for someone who craves variety! BR seems to have a bit more variety, hopefully enough to keep me interested!

Anyway, I was just hoping someone here would share some tips on starting off, staying motivated and on the difficulty of the workouts and getting through them! I'd love to hear about your progress too :)

Thank you :)

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started BR last week and missed a couple of days due to scheduling issues, I must say I am loving it. Planning on repeating week 1 so I can get a full week in and complete the program as designed.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just started BR last week and missed a couple of days due to scheduling issues, I must say I am loving it. Planning on repeating week 1 so I can get a full week in and complete the program as designed.

How did you find the intensity of the workouts? Are the workouts longer than 30 mins? :)
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Some skirt just over 30 minutes, but only just! It starts off nice and easy and gets progressively more difficult. She does offer modifications along the way if you need! It's tough, but invigorating, imo. You'll feel strong and quickly! As for sticking with it...well, that's up to you. I've been rubbish and only recently started again, again! I'd love to actually get through it this time because they are such good workouts. But it does get hard and, for me, a few little wobbles saw me throw in the towel. But that does suck because you do weeks of hardwork, only to throw it away if you quit. And then, you've gotta start from the bottom all over again!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @marquillage I find the intensity to be enough that I get in a good workout but not so intense that I feel like I am going to die. Much better than a lot of her other workouts that you have to be in pretty decent shape to get through without feeling like you are going to die.
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred and just finished up week 3 of Body Revolution, and I have to say I got totally bored with 30 Day Shred but love Body Revolution. I don't love the Cardio 1 DVD that's been part of Body Revolution so far, so I've substituted another cardio DVD in its place, and I try to get an extra walk or time on the elliptical every day. I really do believe the Body Revolution program works though and although I haven't stayed on schedule well, I'm definitely seeing changes already. Even though you're not at a beginner fitness level, I still think it will be a great program for you! It seems to reach a wide variety of fitness levels very well. GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you like it!
  • crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What kind of resistance bands are you guys using? Any recomendations?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @crybaby2384 I use these: http://amzn.to/1JgPts9

They are slightly more expensive than these: http://amzn.to/1VzuKVa

My friend uses the less expensive ones and the only real difference is that Black Mountain, the more expensive ones, come with a lifetime warranty. If a cord breaks, you can get a replacement. I've broken one and it's worth the extra money just to have that warranty!