Surprising area of fat loss? What's yours.

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I was standing waiting for my kids at the bus stop and I noticed the insides of my knees aren't as fat! I used to have a roll and its not there anymore. Woot!

What is the area of your body you were surprised had lost fat?

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, it's amusing isn't it? My wrists have lost so much fat that I'm astounded. Now my hands have joined in. And all I want is some reduction in my lower belly LOL But I'm post-menopausal so I'll just have to be patient, that'll be the last place it goes from. *All* of the victories are good ones though B)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My back - first place I noticed a difference this time. My shoulder blades looked more defined, everything looked leaner and less puffy, and the indentation across the back of my waist was gone.

My calves - I noticed that my legs are crossing easier, and now I can see all the way down one shin when it's crossed over the other leg. I don't remember the last time there wasn't a hill of fat in the way!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    My neck and fingers. I really didn't think they were affected so much. But going from BMI +27 to BMI +21 is sobering. I can now wear family heirlooms again on fingers.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Boobs. :'(
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Boobs? I've kind of lost mine :(
    But I can see my feet when standing up lol
    Definitely toned al around. Good job everyone!!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, it's amusing isn't it? My wrists have lost so much fat that I'm astounded. Now my hands have joined in. And all I want is some reduction in my lower belly LOL But I'm post-menopausal so I'll just have to be patient, that'll be the last place it goes from. *All* of the victories are good ones though B)

I know - I have lost quite a bit of my belly, but I would be SO happy if it would all go first. Maybe my body knows that and is making sure I keep at this so i don't just get happy that my jelly belly (my daughters' pet name for me is "jiggles" because of my belly) has gone and then give up.

• cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love that I have a neck again !! I also lost in my feet, who knew !?!?! My big areas have always been my legs almost a little afraid of what kind of skin will be hanging around my knees when I get to goal LOL! But that too will be overcome :)
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My inner thighs. I thought I was going to waddle forever. Just yesterday I noticed (this may be TMI and I feel is a bit gross, but still shows fat loss) that my skin is a bit loose on my inner thighs. I noticed because I was sitting around with bare legs, crossed one leg over the other (which I haven't been able to do in at least a couple years), and the skin pulled taut to the extent it made a little crease/fold. Gross but again shows fat loss. Usually my thighs are last to go. Also, probably the first place I noticed loss, over my rib cage (between my chest and my waist).
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I was going to say my knees too! right around the borders I can see definition coming in. My shoulders always surprise me too, I feel like I can see so much. Now why can't that happen with my stomach...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Around my rib cage. I've lost over 4" there with only half an inch at waist and hips.
    I find that very weird. So I can kind of see my ribs but have a load of blubber immediately below it! Lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

I know - I have lost quite a bit of my belly, but I would be SO happy if it would all go first. Maybe my body knows that and is making sure I keep at this so i don't just get happy that my jelly belly (my daughters' pet name for me is "jiggles" because of my belly) has gone and then give up.

At nine months at < 50 grams of carbs daily I finally am getting some belly reduction and I am a guy. It seems to be the last that wants to leave in my case. Only of late has my belly basketball started to get smaller it seems. I know I have lost fat all over going down to 200 from 250 and the waist is down to 40 inches from 44+ which will accentuate belly size. I hope the last 25 pounds comes off the belly. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My elbow. lol. I get this really deep dent where the muscles meet the elbow and it is really noticeable now.

Yeah, my belly is what needs to go. And it used to be kind of large and firm, but now it is all squishy and jiggly. I read that this is a good thing, it means that the fat cells are emptying out, but it sure doesn't look very good.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I will post something that I find odd. I am 5'6. Started at 231lbs. My bra size was a 40DDD. I'm 165lbs and my bra size is a 38DDD. My boobs haven't shrunk.

4bc385e4-65de-45ca-8182-3e63d5092232.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My biggest double take moment was my wrists. I used to have to wear anklets for bracelets and necklaces for anklets. I always thought it was due to chronic injuries (volleyball and clutziness...), but a lot was inflammation and some was fat. I was always at least 8.5" around my wrists. I'm now at 6.75" around. I didn't even notice it happening either. I can't fathom that I could wear a standard watch or piece of wrist jewelry now. It is mind boggling.

My boobs haven't shrunk exactly, but I have what the industry calls "shallow" boobs, where the weight settles to the bottom of the cup (likely due to stretching from breastfeeding for 17 months), and mine settle a bit more now, but they haven't shrunk out of the cup size since I've been losing weight at all. I've had to drop my band size, but not the cup. Of course, I did switch bra types after the first 50 or so pounds I lost (Long story there)...so I don't have a full comparison.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I will post something that I find odd. I am 5'6. Started at 231lbs. My bra size was a 40DDD. I'm 165lbs and my bra size is a 38DDD. My boobs haven't shrunk.

4bc385e4-65de-45ca-8182-3e63d5092232.jpg

I had a breast reduction about 8 years ago and my boobs are shrinking. I shed a little tear for my shrinking boobies every day. May have to go back to the plastic surgeon and ask if he can reinflate them when I'm done losing weight, lol.
  • _jayciemarie_
    Options
    I've lost back fat and stomach fat (core areas) and now my upper back is in agony. My back NEVER hurt until now. Too much weight up top. Maybe my boobs will shrink last. lol
  • _jayciemarie_
    Options
    I've lost back fat and stomach fat (core areas) and now my upper back is in agony. My back NEVER hurt until now. Too much weight up top. Maybe my boobs will shrink last. lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

I have found that one thing that helps is if you wear underwire, stop. If you don't, try it again. Sometimes the support shift allows different muscles to support the bulk of breast weight and stops the back pain. I have to go back and for. For a decade, underwire gave me backaches. Now I'm the other way...

Also, get someone to evaluate your entire core strength. Since doing my PT exercises, my core is improving, as is my sore back.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss ......Lol, I have shallow boobs too;( They look good in good bra, unfortunately most of my bras are too big, so they settle at the bottom.

Also my wrist, hands and ankles have lost fat. My stomach has gone down a lot too, but I still have work to do.
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My neck was first to lose. An inch & 1/2 within 5 wks. Was worried I was going to look like those bobble-head dolls. Tummy not much yet.