Need Motivation! Have to lose 70 lbs!

Options
Two years ago, I went on a diet and exercise and lost 40 lbs. Was so excited and then found out I health issues and my weight got on the back burner and gained back 30 pounds! So I want kick start my diet again, but have be a little bit more motivated to do so! I know that all this weight is not helping me at all to get better! My weight now is 195 lbs, but according to my BMI, I should be 125 lbs! Need some help!

Replies

• Kelli_04
    Kelli_04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm right there with you. 3 years ago I lost 25 lbs with diet and exercise and then I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I went through chemotherapy and radiation and put on 40 lbs. Most of that was put on the first year. It has taken me awhile to be mentally be ready to do this again. I really want to make this a life change by eating cleaner and exercise regularly. Love to be a part of a support group.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    greetings! i have been away from my fitness pal for almost 2 years now. I was doing great until my nephew committed suicide. after that i lost motivation.
    and truth to tell, i'm kind of lazy, and i don't give a bunny fart about what people think of my appearance.
    i don't really want to lose weight as much as i want to get my blood sugar under control. weight loss is a part of that. currently i weigh about 180, and i'm 5'1''. i teach senior exercise classes at the Y 3 hours a week, but it's not that strenuous. what i'm doing now is maintaining. i also have an office job at the Y. you would think it would be the easiest thing in the world to lose weight working at the Y, but in fact the opposite is true; work takes precedence over working out. and it is difficult to work out with my coworkers staring at me.
    i tell people i'm the 'before' picture. :)
  • Yvesdiva
    Yvesdiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love all three of you, and I adore particularly the bunny fart comment. I'd love to join you. I have 80 lbs to loose, and really want to do it. My story is fairly common, love the sweets, have an accepting hubby, and with a demanding job, teenage kids, and horrible commute, I am too spoiled and tired to eat and exercise as I must. Let's help each other.
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this guy has some good ideas too https://youtu.be/mL8ufld83vE
  • Brandi92116
    Brandi92116 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yvesdiva wrote: »
    I love all three of you, and I adore particularly the bunny fart comment. I'd love to join you. I have 80 lbs to loose, and really want to do it. My story is fairly common, love the sweets, have an accepting hubby, and with a demanding job, teenage kids, and horrible commute, I am too spoiled and tired to eat and exercise as I must. Let's help each other.

That is my story, too. Minus the kids.
    I need to lose 70+ to get to my "ideal" weight, but I am going with baby steps: first goal is to break 200. Then I'll set the next goal. I think this first step will get me off my cholesterol and GERD meds. Fingers crossed!
  • MikeDubya74
    MikeDubya74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can all feel free to add me on MFP. I'm always good for an encouraging comment or status like. I'm trying to drop weight and change my fitness level, but doing it in small increments. Ideally, I'd like to be 170 pounds (I'm 5' 11"), but my body has always carried more weight. I'm around 215 now. First goal is 200.

You've all got great stories to tell, and something worth changing your diet for. Set your goals and keep your head down, you'll get there!