Just saying Hello! and seeking any advice on weight loss stalling...?

Options
KLD12013
KLD12013 Posts: 7 Member
Happy to find this group! My husband and I are in week 5 on IP. I've lost 18 and he's lost 30. We have been following it exactly and definitely know we are on the right track to a healthier life and eating. However, our weight loss has stalled a bit (still following it exactly) and was wondering if others have experienced this? I have about 80lbs more to lose and he has about 30 more...so I wouldn't have expected a stall so early on...Our coach says just hang in there...thanks in advance!

Replies

• JenKTx13
    JenKTx13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like great losses so far - congrats!

A true stall would be several weeks of no change in pounds or measurements. Are you losing inches? Are you gaining muscle as well as losing fat?

Many things affect weight loss - stress, hormones (ie. Time of the month), or your body may just be taking a minute to figure out what you're doing before continuing on the path to loss! Weight loss isn't linear.

Are you eating lean meats or fatty? All chicken and fish or mixing it up a little? Getting in all your supplements, water, salt, fat, veggies, packets?

Also I'm sure you know that men typically lose weight faster (so unfair!), so try not to compare your progress to his.
  • KLD12013
    KLD12013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I am really happy for my husband's weight loss and I try not to compare my progress to his. We are both doing great. I did try something different yesterday I actually walked a mile for the first time in a very long time and it felt good. this morning I lost a pound yay...
  • JenKTx13
    JenKTx13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)

Did your coach talk to you about adding a packet when you exercise? Something light like peach-mango or orange drink are great, low cal and high protein.
  • xmccalla
    xmccalla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The men seem to lose alot faster for some reason.. You are doing great!
  • kgabriele1993
    kgabriele1993 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My 5th week I didn't lose any weight, but I did lose some inches. But then the next week I ended up losing almost 6 pounds, so don't worry!
  • officialphotochic
    officialphotochic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Going through this too week three husband lost 5 me nothing. Well 3.5 inches on my waist , go figure that ....so frustrating