Getting back on the wagon

Options
I am 19 months out from surgery n I am scared. I have done so much work but now my body has figured out that I tricked it. At my 18 month check up the dr. Said this was a critical time. I have to lose another 14 lbs in 3 months. I had a surgeon who swore by this app so I am coming back to it. There r so many new things here it is gonna take me time to figure it all out again. I have started a biking challenge n doing great at it. I know I have stretched my stomach out n I am gonna do my best to get back to the basics. 6 small meals every 3 hours, 80 grams of protein a day, 30-60 minutes of exercise a day, n lots of water. I really need accountability so if there is anyone out there, new or old, who would want to help me climb back on the wagon to a healthy way of life hit me up. Hopefully I can figure out how to get back with u. Never quit, quitting is all I will try to do.

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am about 20 months out, and I was JUST having a conversation with my coworker about how the hard work starts now, and how I have now gotten my appetite back (although it isn't nearly as voracious as before), and how I can eat a bit more than before. Now the balancing act really begins. Which surgery did you have?
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm only 6 mos out so I don't have any words of wisdom for you, just sending best wishes that you can make the changes you need to in order to achieve the success you want.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Youngrose, I am a newbie but a great cheerleader and supporter! I would be happy to help encourage you!
  • romyker
    romyker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am at the same crossroads. I'm 3 years out (RNY) and realized I started backsliding a wee bit. Trying now to get a grip (again) on eating habits and also making myself accountable by coming back to MFP and logging everything. By doing that, I see how many calories I was putting in my mouth with little bites of this and that here and there. My disadvantage is that I live in country where I don't speak the language (my bad, I know) so don't have a support group and the dietician associated with my doctor doesn't speak English. So I'd be interested in climbing back on that wagon and teaming up.