Challenge for July

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
I want to start a challenge, but keep it somewhat free form since people are at different points:
1. Inches (I want to lose 1 inch from each of hips, waist and abdomen)
2. Weight (I want to lose 5 lbs/get under 155 by July 31)
3. Exercise (I want to work out at least 4 days a week and walk/jog at least 50 miles)

Set your personal goals in each area. Check in at least once a week to report on progress.

Replies

• kialey89
    kialey89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. I would like to loose 1 inch
    2. i would like to loose 8lbs
    3. i want to exercise 6 times a week jogging
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    8lbs
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. Loose 6lbs
    2. Continue to drink lots of water
    3. Focus on toning my upper body again (before MFP) I loved lifting weights and enjoyed the way my body composition transformed but the scale didn't budge much because I was never in a calorie deficit, experimenting with lifting with a calorie deficit and seeing how the results are
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    1. Inches: lose 1 inch from my waist
    2. Weight: lose 4 lbs to get to 135
    3. Exercise: run at least twice per week and walk as much as possible
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1. Weight: Lose 8 lbs (which puts me back into the 160's!)
    2. Exercise: work out at least 4 times a week, every week, even on vacation!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Great goals everyone (and others feel free to join). Post a starting point (or at least record one for yourself) on or around July 1 and check in each week or at least a couple times during the month to report on progress/challenges so the group can help encourage/support/celebrate.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    sw:179
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Inches
    - Waist: 31, goal 29
    - Abdomen: 35, goal 32
    - Hips: 41, goal 39
    Weight:
    - SW: 158.4, goal 153
    Exercise:
    - Walk/Jog 50 miles
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Hi ladies! Happy first of July (and Canada Day for any fellow Canadian brides!)
    Waist: 29 Goal: 28
    Weight: 139 Goal: 135
    Exercise: Run 3 times per week

I'm away on vacation until Sunday, so I won't be running until then...unless I manage to get out once this week, but it's unlikely. Having a hard time sticking to goal while being forcefed by my lovely future MIL, so I'll really have to stay committed for the rest of the month once I'm home.
    Have a great start to July and I'll check in next week!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    The weekend was not good for the weight (and probably not any better for inches), but I did get a few miles toward my 50 on Thursday.

exercise.png
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    :( I didn't lose any this week either. I was only bad on Sunday and I did three hours of cycling so was hoping it was ok :(, it's my daughter's birthday party on Saturday and I've bought a candy floss machine, I'm going to need some strength!

• brisingr86
    Options
    fitfor30th: Good luck! Give yourself a treat if you can, just keep it in moderation. You will get through this (and I'd think your daughter is going to pretty excited about that machine).
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    Time to check in! So I was on vacation all last week and came home weighing a full 10 lbs more! Fortunately I guess it was mostly water weight since I've dropped down to 141 as of this morning, which is just a couple lbs more than before my vacation. It sucks that I'm up, but not too bad, and hope I can still stay on track with my July goal.

Waist: Current: Dunno, Start: 29, Goal: 28
    Weight: Current: 141, Start: 139 Goal: 135
    Exercise: Current: Only got in 1 run, but LOTS of walking as part of a workplace step challenge, Goal: Run 3 times per week
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Hmm, I went a bit mad with the party food this weekend! Fasting today and maybe tomorrow to hopefully even it out. This month is not going as planned :(
  • CostaRica120
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Hmm, I went a bit mad with the party food this weekend! Fasting today and maybe tomorrow to hopefully even it out. This month is not going as planned :(

I think it's generally better to just get back on track rather than try to undo the damage with fasting! I was on vacation two weeks ago and came home weight 10 lbs more! But I just went back to my program last week and by end of week I was back to my pre-vacation weight. If a whole week of vacation didn't do long-term damage, I'm sure you can easily come back from your weekend of indulgence. Be kind to yourself :) Restricting usually leads to further binges....

• brisingr86
    Options
    Agree with CostaRica that you should be careful of over-restricting and having some rebound binge. Drink lots of water and get back to your healthy routine and it should be fine. Things never go as planned, but don't let a rough start discourage you from still trying to do what you can with the rest of the month. Month isn't really going as I had hoped either due to some overload at work, but still hoping to make some progress. Do what you can, remember it's a death march (you're on this journey for life), not a sprint.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    I don't know about that, there's a lot of research on the benefits of intermittent fasting, even for weight training which I'm doing. Anyways I fasted for 36 hours and back on track now :). Still no weight loss though!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Glad you're back on track. Sure the weight will come off pretty quick.
    I'm happy work is kind of coming to normal so I got a good walk/jog in last night for almost 7 miles. If I can get some consistency, I might actually make the 50 miles this month! Will do midpoint check in on everything tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    By the end of the month I will be going to gym at least 2x a week and sticking to my calorie goals!! Still feeling really run down from my surgery last week so I do not want to commit to a date other than by the end of the month.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    sw: 179
    cw: 176.8

Yay, finally some progress!