Introduce Yourself

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
Hi! I'm Sarah. JUST got engaged and a little intimidated by the planning process. I work a pretty demanding desk job so it's tough to fit in the workouts sometimes and I'm pretty bad about emotional eating.
Big Day: ~July 2016 (haven't set a date yet)
CW: 162 (I'm 5' 5")
GW: 120 (overall and for big day)
Hobbies: reading (fantasy/sci-fi thriller), cooking (love to exchange recipes), crochet
Favorite workout activities: I like Jillian Michaels and elliptical, but trying to get into running (fiance competes in 5k races in the fall)

Replies

• BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sio, I am currently a second year medical student. I yo-yoed a bit in college and for two years after, but I FINALLY figured things out (never 100% perfect though of course) and I only have about 7-12 more pounds to go!
    Big Day: 7/11 of this year (so very soon lol)
    SW: 181 (height 5'5")
    CW: 132
    GW: 120
    Wedding weight maybe 130? It won't be crazy different than what I am now but I'm okay with 130.
    Hobbies: reading, cooking/baking, crochet, horseback riding (when I can afford to, can't do it much now with school), and going on long walks
    Favorite Workouts: horseback riding is always #1, but not doable at the moment, otherwise I love to walk. My exercise attempts ebb and flow (usually ebbing). I will run in the winter when it is cold, but I can't run in the heat. I also do yoga at home, but I don't do classes or groups.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Sio! Congrats on your loss already (and on the rapidly approaching big day)!
  • amarie878
    amarie878 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Anne Marie and I've got 79 days to my wedding! :#

I'm at 150 lbs and 5'6". I'm about a month out from my first fitting so I'm just trying to do my best to maybe lose 5 pounds by then, possibly 10 lbs by the wedding. I have a corset in my dress so I'm not terribly worried about not fitting it. But I'm being realistic so I'll be happy if I'm in the 140s for the wedding/honeymoon.

Trying to eat clean following the Fit Girls 28 day jumpstart philosophy and MFP while exercising 5 times a week. I've got bad knees so I'm typically doing elliptical tabata, rowing machine or spin class while mixing in 2-3 strength sessions a week.

I've got shower #1 this Sunday and shower #2 in a month so I'm hoping I can look decent in a summer dress for now.
  • brisingr86
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome Anne Marie! It's awesome that you have reasonable expectations. What's the Fit Girls 28 thing? I haven't heard of it. Do you use a program for strength or just do a mix of exercises?
  • amarie878
    amarie878 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My sister turned me on to it. It's just an ebook with recipes and it basically just follows a clean eating diet - nothing new or groundbreaking, but I will say they have a really friendly and flexible approach and their recipes are pretty yummy. For some people, like me I just need the concept wrapped in a fun and pretty bow to stick to it for some reason. So I've gone 4 days focusing on it's principles and have done pretty good.

You can do check ins via social media, mostly instagram, and stuff like that. Only cost is the ebook(s) once and that it's.

http://fitgirlsguide.com/

As for exercise, I'm go to small group training 2x a week and my company's gym has people that can give you some programs to follow so I've got that going on. I don't mind sharing them if you're interested?
  • kialey89
    kialey89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My name is kialey and I am getting married july 18 and I have about 3 weeks left I have really done well in the last few months but now I just tried on my dress and they ordered a smaller size than they should have so if I loose a few more pounds I should be good and not have it altered im really excited to encourage and be encouraged by you ladies
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and 180lbs, goal weight is 147lbs. I get married end of May next year. Hoping to be toned and lean :) I've started doing a type of 5x5 weights routine twice a week, and I do group classes like body pump, kettle bells and spin. Food is usually my issue so trying to get on top of it. I want to be at goal weight near christmas so I can start dress shopping.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah, my wedding is October 17th, 2015. I have lost 10 lbs in 54 days by simply being in a calorie deficit. My goal is to reach a total loss of 20lbs before the big day. 10 more lbs to go
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)
    My name is Jill, I got engaged last October (in Paris!) and I'm getting married on New Year's Eve 2015, so I have about 6 months left.
    I've lost about 10 lbs so far this year and I'm currently just under 140. It's ambitious but I'd love to be around 125 by my wedding, since I feel like that's about where I need to be to have my arms look the way I want, but anything under 130 would be fine.
    You can see my dress in my profile picture. I hope that when I go for my fitting we are all amazed by how much it needs to be taken in...but also hope it's no problem with alterations, haha.
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Tabitha. I'm 5'4'' and 177 lbs. I'm restarting this weight loss journey once again with the intention of getting fit for my wedding! I got engaged last March in Charleston, SC and my wedding won't be until after I finish law school (and the Mr. finishes his MBA), which puts us at a date of August 26, 2017. I'd like to get down to 135 lbs. for the wedding, maybe even 125 depending on how ambitious I get. :smile: We have contingently planned on a honeymoon in Hawaii as well so I'll be toning during my final stages of weight loss to look good on the beach!

I plan on losing the weight by eating an average of 1300 calories a day along with working out 3-4 times a week, if law school allows it! Since I have over 2 years to plan, I'm not too worried about it, but ideally, I'd like to lose all of the weight within the next year so I can get fitted for a dress and start toning. :)

Cheers to us brides-to-be!
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Anne Marie: I've done StrongLifts 5x5 (@fitfor30th, is that what you're using?), and Jillian videos have some strength. I like the app for strong lifts, but some equipment limitations in my gym and challenges with being consistent so I haven't progressed very far.

Kialey: That's a pain that they ordered a smaller size, but fantastic that you have such a great attitude and are able to use it as motivation. Good luck. Hope all the final details are coming into place for the big day. You'll have to share some of your tips and tricks for the planning process since you've been through most of it at this point.

@fitfor30th : I'm right there with you on the food problems and somewhat similar timing for wedding. I've been reading stuff and I'm actually wondering about how long to wait (to lose/tone) for dress shopping without limiting options because it takes 6 months or whatever to get the dress. It's nice to see you're looking at similar timing as I was thinking for dress shopping with maybe even an earlier date. Sounds like an intense workout routine. Good for you!

Sarah: Congrats on your progress so far and good luck on those last 10 lbs. Seems like you should at least be able to get pretty close if not achieve in the next ~14-15 weeks. Let us know how the group can support you to achieve your goal.

Jill: Congrats on the progress (you look amazing in your profile pic!) and good luck on your last 10-15 (and the resulting alterations). Sounds like quite the romantic extravaganza with an engagement in Paris and NYE ceremony.

Tabitha: Exciting for the possible honeymoon in Hawaii (have you been before?). It's nice that you have a good long engagement to plan and take a reasonable approach to getting fit for the wedding. Hopefully the planning and law school don't get too stressful, but seems like you have a solid plan. What kind of workouts do you do?
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Thanks for the support, why does it take 6 months to get a dress? I thought you just go in and buy one?! I was also considering having one made and thought that would only take 2 months
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    fitfor30th wrote: »
    Thanks for the support, why does it take 6 months to get a dress? I thought you just go in and buy one?! I was also considering having one made and thought that would only take 2 months

They recommend you buy your dress at least 8 months before the wedding. I would imagine it take a long time to make and get it to you. I ended up getting my dress off the floor (I was very lucky!) so I was able to take it home with me that day.
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Tabitha: Exciting for the possible honeymoon in Hawaii (have you been before?). It's nice that you have a good long engagement to plan and take a reasonable approach to getting fit for the wedding. Hopefully the planning and law school don't get too stressful, but seems like you have a solid plan. What kind of workouts do you do?

I've never been to Hawaii so I'm pretty excited! Right now, I stick to mainly cardio (usually treadmill, elliptical, and stepper, sometimes swimming and tennis) and when I get further along in my weight loss (I'm only 8 lbs. down), I will add in weights.
  • val9471
    val9471 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Val. I just graduated with my Masters in nursing. I am getting married April 2, 2016. Currently in am following the 21 day fix program. Yesterday was day 1. I also enjoy biking and running. I put on roughly 25 lbs when I had 2 knee surgeries in a 2 year time period. My goal is to lose this weight before I get married. I look forward to this group and am definitely excited to be a part of it! :)
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Val. Congrats on earning your Masters! Looking forward to having you.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Being a student kills your waistline, nevermind surgery!
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm here too, my name is Rachel. My life has been crazy in the past 2 years and my weight has been creeping up. I am getting married on 12/6/15 and need to lose at least 10 pounds (but would be thrilled with 15). I just cannot seem to stick to any sort of eating plan as there has been so much going on (new job, new house, wedding planning, dealing with ex husband who is miserable and uses kids against me).
    Big Day: 12/6/15
    CW: 160 (5'6") I usually stay at 150 which is "normal" for my height but in past 6 months it has crept up as my gym time has decreased and my wining and dining with my fiancee has increased (oops!)
    GW: 145
    Hobbies: travel, writing, shopping, baking, reading
    Favorite workout activities: ummm… none!!! I loathe working out! I do the gym thing (when I am doing good, lol) about 25 min cardio/25 min strength 3x a week. Hoping… er, I mean going to get back to the gym after having surgery on Thursday (I had an embedded IUD removed and a uterine ablation) in 1 week.
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Welcome Rachel! You have time so should be reasonable to drop that 10-15, but I know it can be difficult to stick to a system with so much going on. Hopefully the group can help. Since you aren't big on the workouts, are there other activities you can do to be active that maybe don't seem like "workouts"? i.e., walks/hiking/biking/rollerblading with the kids and/or fiance, day at the beach swimming, kickball/soccer/volleyball game with family/friends? I'm similar height and weight so let's do this together.
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to (I say that relatively speaking, lol) go to the gym because it is hotter than Haties outside this time of year (most days are 105) and outdoor play is very limited. I like to get in and out and check it off my list. During Fall and Spring I play with my kids outside a lot. On weekends we typically swim at my mom's house which is about 30 minutes away but I work M-Th from 7-5 with an hour commute each way so weekends are really the only chance I have to get up there. I have historically been good about going to the gym on Fridays and Sundays but I am going to try and add a mid week workout into the mix.

It seems like there are a number of us looking to lose 10-15 pounds… why in the world is it so difficult? I tell myself, "Oh it's just 10 pounds…" but if it is "just 10 pounds" why is it so dang hard to lose?!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :) Happy Monday, I am exhausted :(