Goals this week?

Options

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    They do make a Diet Coke with Splenda, Peggy.

That's right they just switched over right? Pepsi?

• shedthesweater
    Options
    My goals this week --- (1) exercise no more than 30 min, and not more than 5 times this week, (2) eat 1 SC before exercise, and 1 PF right after exercise, (3) modify my calorie intake to 1500 on the days I exercise, (4) to see if I can find this stupid calorie/exercise balance that I have messed myself up with!!!!

Sounds like you have a new plan of action, this is great! What's been going on ?

• shedthesweater
    Options
    My goals this week --- (1) exercise no more than 30 min, and not more than 5 times this week, (2) eat 1 SC before exercise, and 1 PF right after exercise, (3) modify my calorie intake to 1500 on the days I exercise, (4) to see if I can find this stupid calorie/exercise balance that I have messed myself up with!!!!

Sounds like you have a new plan of action, this is great! What's been going on ?

With the calories and exercise?

• shedthesweater
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    I LOVE Vanilla Chai Tea! I need to buy defac next time so I can drink it in the evening. But it's my morning go-to tea flavor!

I have been hearing this one is yummy! I need to try it

• Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ha get thru a weekend without veering off track!!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Whosebeeping, you can do it!
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

Not only have I not been losing any weight for the last 3 weeks since I've been exercising, but actually put a couple lbs back on. Kinda of a bummer because I was doing so well with my exercise (6 days a week, was up to 45 mins a session now, blah blah blah). Soooo, counselor told me to back off on the time and frequency of my exercise (I cannot BELIEVE someone said those words to me in my lifetime!), up my calories on the days I exercise, and make sure I eat both before and after an exercise session (which I wasn't doing, because exercising after eating doesn't sound good at all to me). Trying to get out of this starvation mode she said I've gotten myself in so I can find the right balance. So basically, this week is an experiment --- I should be donning a lab coat :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    So, when do you check your progress, Patty?

Fingers crossed for you that this jump starts some positive results.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I started Monday, so I figure Sunday should be my checkin --- I'm giving it a full 7 days. Not expecting to see a miracle, but a little progress in the right direction would be good!!!! Today was my 3rd day of exercise this week (working at home today, so got it in in the morning, which I love) and then plan to hit up both of the weekend days. That will be my 5 for the week. The good news (I guess) is that I kinda hate stopping at 30 mins in a session. The experiment continues . . . .
  • Nightingale2200
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I can imagine the hesitation to stop short like this and just hope that my efforts are gonna work. It's an experiment for sure. :)
  • pldsparks
    pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Patty. You would think that exercise would always be a bonus. 2 years ago I was trying to lose weight and I had some surgery where I could not exercise. I lost just as much with just watching my diet. I am one of those crazies that really likes to exercise. I used to think that weight loss was 50% diet 50% exercise. I think that was true when I was younger, but now I think it is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I would much rather exercise than to diet. LOL.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Well, peeps, it seems to be working! Lost about 3 1/2 lbs this week! I'm within 1/2 lb of where I was when I started exercising and going the wrong direction. After this long of only eating 1200 cals, I was struggling trying to eat 1500 on exercise days (let me qualify that with 'AND keeping my fat grams in place' -- if I could have just eaten a platter of fried stuff on those days, I would have had no problem at all :) ) just need to keep up the balance for another week and I think I'll have the cure. Thanks for all the nice thoughts!
  • chwomack53
    chwomack53 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome Patty!!! Great work, the plateau is over and you are once again on your way to goal!! Have another Great Weight Loss Week!!
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well, peeps, it seems to be working! Lost about 3 1/2 lbs this week! I'm within 1/2 lb of where I was when I started exercising and going the wrong direction. After this long of only eating 1200 cals, I was struggling trying to eat 1500 on exercise days (let me qualify that with 'AND keeping my fat grams in place' -- if I could have just eaten a platter of fried stuff on those days, I would have had no problem at all :) ) just need to keep up the balance for another week and I think I'll have the cure. Thanks for all the nice thoughts!

That's terrific!! I know what you mean about finding the right foods to make up the calories. Great weigh in!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options

That is fantastic, Patty. So glad all your hard work paid off.

• shedthesweater
    Options

Not only have I not been losing any weight for the last 3 weeks since I've been exercising, but actually put a couple lbs back on. Kinda of a bummer because I was doing so well with my exercise (6 days a week, was up to 45 mins a session now, blah blah blah). Soooo, counselor told me to back off on the time and frequency of my exercise (I cannot BELIEVE someone said those words to me in my lifetime!), up my calories on the days I exercise, and make sure I eat both before and after an exercise session (which I wasn't doing, because exercising after eating doesn't sound good at all to me). Trying to get out of this starvation mode she said I've gotten myself in so I can find the right balance. So basically, this week is an experiment --- I should be donning a lab coat :)

• shedthesweater
    Options
    Sounds like a new plan, I bet you're going to do great! good luck! keep us posted.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    My goal is to repeat the goals of last week to make sure that I have the balance I need. Then I can modify the exercise accordingly if I want and will compensate accordingly if this works.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You are rockin this Patty!!!!
  • shedthesweater
    Options
    Love all the goals from everyone! keep up the amazing work