Just started Phase 1

Options
zeta_ace
zeta_ace Posts: 6 Member
Hi, All -

I just started Phase 1 on Monday and am struggling a bit. I am addicted to carbs! Where I struggle is when I need a snack - I miss snacks that have crunch to them. Can I do pork rinds? They have a low GI but I think maybe they are bad fat? What are your favorite snacks?

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Zeta...and welcome.

Dr. A says pistachios ok...on phase 1 I had 30 a night. Counted them out. Sucked the salt off them and dove into the meaty nut. They last a long time. I stuck to P1 to the letter. It works. Good luck. Continue with your questions. Sabine will be by to help you out...she is the master of everything SB.

PS If you have the nuts, then no peanut butter.
  • zeta_ace
    Options
    Thanks Magic!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you miss crunchy, try to find some seasoned nori. We cut it in chip sized strips and nom nom away.
    Pistachios are a GREAT choice too.
    Pork rinds ARE on the foods to enjoy list now, I'm pretty sure. If you do eat them, look for the non-seasoned ones or ones without added MSG (in case you react with MSG).

You can do this!
  • zeta_ace
    Options
    Thanks, Sabine! This is day 6. I have noticed that I do not feel as hungry between meals so that's a positive. I must admit that I miss potatoes and rice.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    zeta_ace wrote: »
    Thanks, Sabine! This is day 6. I have noticed that I do not feel as hungry between meals so that's a positive. I must admit that I miss potatoes and rice.

In a week you can add back some brown rice, or a sweet potato. Or you can go on to phase 2 now, if that's what's standing between you and success. (and your cravings are under control)
  • zeta_ace
    Options
    Sabine, my cravings are not under control yet. I'm still thinking rice, potatoes, rice, potatoes. I have a lot to lose. I actually did pretty well last week, 5 lbs down and I am very happy with that. Just 95 more to go. I'd actually like to stay on Phase 1 for 2 extra weeks if I can stand it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    zeta_ace wrote: »
    Sabine, my cravings are not under control yet. I'm still thinking rice, potatoes, rice, potatoes. I have a lot to lose. I actually did pretty well last week, 5 lbs down and I am very happy with that. Just 95 more to go. I'd actually like to stay on Phase 1 for 2 extra weeks if I can stand it.

Five pounds down. Impressive! You're doing great.
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Hi Zeta...and welcome.

Dr. A says pistachios ok...on phase 1 I had 30 a night. Counted them out. Sucked the salt off them and dove into the meaty nut. They last a long time. I stuck to P1 to the letter. It works. Good luck. Continue with your questions. Sabine will be by to help you out...she is the master of everything SB.

PS If you have the nuts, then no peanut butter.

Oh, man, these are so dangerous for me! If I had a 20 pound bag (exaggeration) - I would eat the whole, entire bag. And then suffer horribly for my gluttony, because I have IBS pretty bad and nuts don't play nice with me. Even after getting sick there were times I still bought them with the same results (imagine that!). So, I just cannot have nuts around at all. :'(