My EM2WL Journey

Options
pixie_mills
pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
Hi there

I hope it's okay to start a new thread with my journey and ask for advice and support here, while I'm on my journey...so far:

1st June - upped to 1450 calories from a few years of on and off eating at 1200 - I lost 3lbs in 2 weeks ( down to 145.0 lbs)
13th June - upped to 1650 calories - lost another 1lb (144.0 lbs)
19th June - upped to 1750 calories - this week I put on 1.5 lbs.
26th June - (today) I am upping to 1850

Is this sounding about right?

Replies

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It sounds very similar to my own experience. As long as your activity is staying consistent, that 1.5 lb bump is nothing.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    another observation, from my first night out drinking since Easter time (where I was on 1200 calories).
    I had a lot more to drink last night than I should have...and I was expecting a total rager of a headache this morning (normal for me :( ) but I feel as fresh as a daisy. I have NEVER, I mean NEVER got off scott free while drinking alcohol without feeling the effects of it the day after.
    I drank (and ate) much less at Easter time (2 glasses of wine - yes, I am a lightweight/cheap date, whatever you want to call it :P) and felt horrendous the next morning.

Is this just me getting lucky? Or have others experienced this?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Interesting - would love to know if others have even noticed, or had the means to notice.

I don't sadly. But I am curious enough to see if my stiff drink affects me more on big deficit days compared to TDEE days.
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I feel like I don't drink often enough to really chime in, but chime in I will. I go months between even having a single drink. Since I rarely drink at all now, even one whiskey or a beer can give me a headache the next day. If I have two or three, my stomach will also feel terrible and I'll be exhausted all day. This happened when I was eating 1200 and also happened at 2800. Food didn't make a difference for me.
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It's mostly about dehydration...so perhaps you were well hydrated before you drank and re hydrated after you drank....We always have the rule drinking 1/2 gal of water with advil before bed and wake up fine. My husband does gatorade before bed.

I don't know but I doubt that food as anything to do with how you feel the morning after...but again...I haven't tested it out.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    Yeah, I'm just pretty curious :) I don't drink normally, so I thought I'd still be feeling the effects! I didn't have any water (bad girl!) during the evening and didn't take any painkillers before going to bed.

I'm guessing I just got lucky :P Not going to use it as an excuse to go out more often lol.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    LOL I would! Getting older sucks in recovery of night's out. That would help me indulge more, for sure.
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    I would have to agree with the hydration theory. When I'm well hydrated and go all out one night, I'm much better off than when I've been busy all day and haven't eaten or hydrated well that day.

heybales mentions water from food being a more prominent that we really realize and the water from food from 1200 cals to near 2000 has got to be significant.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Oh, ya. Absolutely. Water content in food has got to be higher at higher cals. Especially if a lot of those cals come from fruits and veggies...which mine do.
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    Wow...so I've been upping my calories for the best of 4 weeks and only just yesterday have crossed the border to eating 2050 calories (probably closer to my TDEE now that I am on summer break from my job) and I have not budged a single pound!

I mean sure, I've had fluctuations. The 3rd of June i was 146lbs eating at 1200, and now the 4th July I'm 146lbs eating at around 2000... I'll take that for now! :D

Very happy bunny so far. My moods have gotten better, I am now sleeping without nightmares or restlessness, I think it's safe to say my body is on the mend :) still lots of work to do to fix it but I'm happy with the results so far.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Happy news, those are great results. I have been following your progress, glad it going so well for you.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Anyone notice in real life and ask what you are doing?

And what's their reaction when you say - eating more?
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    That's awesome @pixie_mills
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    just really my better half noticing at the moment.

He is a real gem, always there to pick me up when I feel like things aren't going good - for example I'm just back from a teaching course in Spain, where I have had very little control over meals, I wasn't as active (although was walking every day), lots of salty food and eating and drinking out in local restaurants on top of gaining my TOM this week added to a whopping +7lbs in only 1 week!!!

My inner demons said to drop low again, but I know I have to just push through eating 2000 calories worth of eating normal wholesome home cooked food as I'm almost certain most of that is water weight... (I was down 2lbs of that overnight, so really, I'm only +ing 5lbs now) that was a real blow on the scale, but I'm ready to attack this with determination and courage, and won't be lured into the trap of 1200 calories!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Teaching is Spain that is very cool. I was wondering when you would check in again. I'm trying to follow along with all the other resets going on now.

No way did you eat enough to gain 5+ lbs. Traveling causes bloating and water retention, let it settle down for a few days before hitting the scale again.

Glad you have a supportive SO. Makes a big difference.

• pixie_mills
    Options
    Yeah, I was in Malaga. Reaaaallly hot, sitting at about 35-40 degrees Celsius each day :/ Got rather sunburned as well.

I'm travelling again in about 10 days time to the Canary Islands for just over 2 weeks, so...yeah, It's gonna be rather up and down this month, but i'm prepared for a lot of water weight gain :)
  • pixie_mills
    Options
    wooooow...can't believe how much water weight I held onto! From Saturday evening when I got back from Spain I'm down 6.3lbs! Holy moley! I knew I held onto water, but i can't believe I held onto that much! That's insane!!!
  • desjham1
    desjham1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good job for not dropping back down. The vacation was probably good for you!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Great job on holding through - this is why we always say the scale lies!
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I went to Spain for the weekend too, put on so much water weight which is nearly all gone now! Maybe the potential dehydration makes our body hold onto more water.