What is your favorite low carb recipe?

Options
luvmyleo
luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
I love finding and trying new recipes. What in the world did I do before pinterest?? I have tried some low carb hits and misses. My favorite so far has been a chicken scampi recipe which is copycat of the scampi at Olive Garden. I think it tastes better than Olive Garden's. So yummy!

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2012/10/creamy-chicken-scampi.html

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 thick pan fried steak. Seared good for two minutes eac side

A little butter as it sits and settles

Mmmm

Add salt

Maybe a blue cheese crumble or two for variety :)

• mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I can't seem to find the recipe I used, but I made some low-carb meatballs with coconut flour instead of breadcrumbs this week. They were really tasty. Easy to make, too. Mix all ingredients in a bowl (two kinds of ground meat, I used beef and bison, an egg, herbs, garlic, and half a cup of coconut flour, bake 30 min in a 350-degree oven, then let simmer in a slow cooker full of marinara. I made my own super-simple marinara.)

A similar recipe is here, but they use almond flour. I haven't tried cooking with almond flour yet. Coconut flour can be problematic in terms of texture in other recipes, but in this one I thought it was damn near perfect.

http://www.motherthyme.com/2014/03/low-carb-meatballs-marinara.html

I served half for dinner, froze half separate from the sauce. I've snacked on them a few times this week, and they're still great. If I find the original recipe, I'll post it.
  • luvmyleo
    Options
    That is the great thing about meatballs- can make huge batches of them! These sound like they would be yummy with a low carb swedish meatball recipe I saw somewhere on pinterest.
  • luvmyleo
    Options
    1 1/2 thick pan fried steak. Seared good for two minutes eac side

A little butter as it sits and settles

Mmmm

Add salt

Maybe a blue cheese crumble or two for variety :)

I have found a new love for steak topped with garlic butter. Love the salty tang of garlic. Good stuff!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Something I find super easy to do on a whim is
    Melt some butter (1-2Tbs depending on your fat needs) in a skillet, add a couple minced cloves of garlic and add any meat you want, (steak, chicken or sausage... Whatever) I like to cut it into chunks first. Then add some brussels sprouts and chopped cabbage (or pretty much any veggies you want). Let them cook til almost done and add either a couple Tbs of sour cream or cream cheese. Sometimes I'll add just a little beef or chicken broth if I need more liquid before adding the sour cream or cream cheese.
    Some combinations I've tried are
    Steak with baby bella mushrooms and snow peas. I add an onion seasoning.
    Chicken with green and red bell peppers, chopped cabbage and top with some avocado once plated. I add a chipotle seasoning and cilantro and maybe a squirt of lime to this.
    It's also great with only an assortment of veggies or only mushrooms or spinach.
    So it's not really a recipe but some simple ingredients that you can be creative with.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Steak, steak, steak, and steak. With hollandaise, garlic herb butter (home made of course!), or goat cheese. Mmmmm...
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Melt some butter (1-2Tbs depending on your fat needs) in a skillet, add a couple minced cloves of garlic and add any meat you want, (steak, chicken or sausage... Whatever) I like to cut it into chunks first. Then add some brussels sprouts and chopped cabbage (or pretty much any veggies you want). Let them cook til almost done and add either a couple Tbs of sour cream or cream cheese. Sometimes I'll add just a little beef or chicken broth if I need more liquid before adding the sour cream or cream cheese.
    Chicken with green and red bell peppers, chopped cabbage and top with some avocado once plated. I add a chipotle seasoning and cilantro and maybe a squirt of lime to this.
    It's also great with only an assortment of veggies or only mushrooms or spinach.
    So it's not really a recipe but some simple ingredients that you can be creative with.

That sounds great! I love flexible recipes.

We like to "tex-mexify" leftovers, and I turn them into salads and omelets or frittatas quite a bit. I'm going to have to add egg muffins to that list of things to do with yummy leftovers. We have a lot of leftovers at the moment.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm new to low carb recipes and I have never baked much. But I made low carb pizza crust last night and tonight I tried a modified oopsie bread recipe using almond flour. The pizza crust was good. The bread, well, it's okay I guess, not like real bread to me, but the man liked it, he has been craving any bread like substance. As soon as I showed it to him he asked me to make a toasted cheese sandwich out of it even though I had pork chops in the oven.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I found some low carb tortillas I use as pizza crusts.
    I did discover they need to be baked on one of those pizza pans that has the tiny holes in it all over in order for the tortilla to crisp up enough to pick up a slice though. They didn't work so well on a regular pan...
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I made cheeseburgers last week with ground beef, bacon bits, feta cheese crumbles, finely chopped onion and egg. They were awesome!
  • luvmyleo
    Options

this sounds delish!