6/29/15 Day 10 !!!

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
While all of you are 'sawing logs' (zzzzzzz), I am at work eating my fruit for lunch!! I also did my 45 minutes on the treadmill and upped the speed too. I am going to try and make a salad for dinner tonight when I get home. It worked last night, will try again tonight!

So anybody up for another mini-10 day challenge??? If anyone wants to do it..I will continue!

So, hope you all have a great day...and the weather is nice in your neck of the woods. Thank God I work inside in air conditioned building...it is 111 F outside now!! Whew!!

later.........n

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow, Nancy, you're killing this challenge! Congratulations on upping your treadmill!

Thanks for the wise words on staying off the scale. Done! I'll wait a while before getting back on.

And yes, I'm up for another 10 days. I need to keep logging food and make it a habit.

Sorry for short post--will check in later!

K.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and gents. Hope this finds everyone well.

This weekend was IMPOSSIBLE in some aspects. Friday did well, Saturday.. OK, Sunday well..... wish I could forget about yesterday. I went to the tall ships in Penn's Landing, Philadelphia. No decent food options. I was there for 7 hours and you would have thought I would bring something with me. Didn't know I could. So my option... What I want and need went out the window for a quick bit to eat. So.. and now I go on vacation to Vegas in 11 days. Not sure what to do. Not sure if I should curtail the processed foods now, cut out the breads, pastas, rices now as vacation in Vegas is going to be tricky. I know I can get lots of meats, not a problem. Problem comes in...we are going to be there for 9 days and don't want to do breakfast, lunch and dinner out every day for 9 days. Oh what to do, what to do?

I'm up for another 10 day mini challenge.
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I h ad a pretty solid weekend. On Saturday I was able to play tennis for a few hours and after we went to the pool to cool down and to have a relaxing swim. I just signed up for another dietbet. I know they aren't a good thing for everybody, but I do well when I have monetary motivation involved in my weight loss and other challenged haha. I hope everybody does well with the challenges they will be facing this week.

I too am good for another 10 day thing.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I am done! Finished the 10 days on an upbeat note...coz I started off on the wrong foot!! So ate well today, did my treadmill and am finished eating before 6pm!! Hope you all did well ending this 10 day mini challenge.

Karen, I hope you are feeling better!! And hope the physicians sort you out and get you the right help and treatment too!! Cari...so excited for you for your Vegas trip. Why not try to fill up on protein first....so you may be full and not be that hungry for the carbs?? Is there anyone going with you on your trip that could help keep you motivated to stay away from those high calorie foods??

Zac, hope you are doing well!!! Enjoying your sports and also hope your niece is doing well. Lise...hope all is well with you too...still am amazed by your workouts!!

So for the next 10 day mini challenge...my goals are pretty much the same with a bit of a tweek!

1. Do not eat after 6 pm
    2. Treadmill minimum 9 days out of the 10 and up the speed, stick to 45 minutes.
    3. Try to eat as 'clean' as I can with fresh foods.
    4. Decrease the amount of 'processed' foods I eat.
    5. Make a fresh salad dressing that is not full of processed stuff!

Cheers all!!
    xoxo
    N
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Zac, I had to look up "dietbet"--that sounds like fun! Will definitely check it out.

Nancy, thanks for your ambitious list. Mine right now is "try not to sleep 18 hours/day." Hey, there's the answer to your insomnia... try some amitriptyline! I am loving the nerve pain relief but NOT the side effects.

Cari, if I were you, I'd do protein shake breakfasts in your room (do you have a mini fridge?) and keep healthy snacks on hand. Otherwise, try not to stress. Honestly, the real weight loss shift for me is when I stopped obsessing so much about the food and focused more on other things. That might be harder at a BBW outing--where you're in the company of fellow food addicts.

Still brain foggy here but doing okay!
    Xxoo
    K
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hey

So Im on a rest day today. Monday is my scheduled one anyway but the shin pain also restricted me. Working tonight though and thats a whole workout in itself so its kind of 'active recovery' (im an ER/ED nurse so Im on my feet 12 hours at a time, shoving trollies, moving patients, occasional CPR that kinda shizz).

Weekend I did great Saturday and managed a visit from the inlaws with minimal cal damage but yesterday didnt go well and ended up packing away 3000 cals (wince) although I did exercise. Im not gonna go over and over it because I knew what I was doing and chose to do it. And given the choice I'd probably do it again, some days you just do these things so I've made peace with it,

But got on the scales and gained 2lb in 1 day (angry face) so must be carrying around some water. Back chugging it again today and back on plan. It will go

Im good for another 10 days too

You all sound like you have your stuff going on ok. Cari I did answer you before but I'd treat it as a vacay, do your best but dont tie yourself in knots over it and hit it hard when you get home. Give yourself a deadline and dont keep slip sliding once home.

Nancy do you run or walk on the treadmill? Ive tried running on the treadmill and road running seems way better. Im trying to eat cleaner but i keep tripping myself up, might join you on that one for the next challenge

• KarenZen
    Options
    Lise, did you have that shin xrayed yet?
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Nope. Ice and brufen seems to have reduced the pain so I'm assuming it was a strain. Gonna rest it today and try a jog tomorrow and see how it goes

Amitriptyline will make.you sleep unfortunately. I take two called mirtazipine and ablify and it's all I can do to make it through the day without a nap some days. Though not today bc im.working tonight so naturally my brain wouldnt switch off grr. Hopefully it should reduce for you within a cpl of weeks though
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Hey Lise....I used to be an ER nurse too....about a thousand years ago!! The BEST type of nursing too......'bring 'em in and move 'em out!!!! I moved on to management when I went overseas.....about 500 years ago!! Still teach ACLS and BLS though! I love teaching ECG classes to nurses also! But becoming a 'paper pushes' takes away the 'fun' time!!! Now I have to deal with 'idiot' department heads!! (Oops did I really say that!!! Obviously my week at work is not going well!!! LOL)

Karen, that is a 'no thanks' on the Amitriptyline...just glad it is helping you over the Vicodin. Hoping you can ease off the dosage soon so you can get your life back. Skippy needs you!!!!!

Lise, I only walk on the treadmill at this time. Last summer when I was losing weight and 'in the moment' of getting fit (well that 'moment' came and went)...I was doing a C25K...or rather I started it for a couple weeks. I agree, when I was run/walking in my hometown in AZ, moving on the pavement was a heck of a lot easier on the ol' knees than on the sidewalks.

Zac....proud of you!! Hummmm I am thinking of hooking you up with my 25 year old niece!!!

Cari...the idea of starting your day with a protein shake from Karen sounds good. I ordered some on-line and am waiting for it in the mail...via my mom.

So let's all get mentally prepared for our next "10 day thing" as Zac puts it!! Yeah!! From June 30- July 9....and we can do it over the 4th!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Cheers,
    n
  • maoribadger
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Hey Lise....I used to be an ER nurse too....about a thousand years ago!! The BEST type of nursing too......'bring 'em in and move 'em out!!!! I moved on to management when I went overseas.....about 500 years ago!! Still teach ACLS and BLS though! I love teaching ECG classes to nurses also! But becoming a 'paper pushes' takes away the 'fun' time!!! Now I have to deal with 'idiot' department heads!! (Oops did I really say that!!! Obviously my week at work is not going well!!! LOL)

Lise, I only walk on the treadmill at this time. Last summer when I was losing weight and 'in the moment' of getting fit (well that 'moment' came and went)...I was doing a C25K...or rather I started it for a couple weeks. I agree, when I was run/walking in my hometown in AZ, moving on the pavement was a heck of a lot easier on the ol' knees than on the sidewalks.

So let's all get mentally prepared for our next "10 day thing" as Zac puts it!! Yeah!! From June 30- July 9....and we can do it over the 4th!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Cheers,
    n
    I love my job. The pace is what I need in my life. Unfortunately I'm not too good with the management game and have been turned.down for promotion three or four times now. Still plugging away though hoping that next time maybe next time....

Would probably help if.I kept my.mouth shut lol. But I love people they are fascinating and I love teaching and the dept does give me the hours I need as I work almost exclusively nights.with the odd weekend day due.to.childcare. So I'm a little stuck.

I'm doing c25k myself now I'm on week two atm and enjoying it.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    whew... day 10 complete. I hit 90% on this one. Very pleased with that!

Will post next challenge goals later, although top priority is recording in food diary.

Xxoo
    K