55 years old and fat

Options
biccielover
biccielover Posts: 15 Member
Joined yesterday going to give it a good try this time . could do with a little encouragement so if you need a diet buddy i.m your woman x

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and 125 pounds less fat over the last 18 months

Still have 10-15 to go.

Pleased to meet you.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here. You will find plenty of support and useful info in our group.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a great group. I was 55 and obese. Lost over 80 lb and kept it off over 3 years . Now I am 63 and fairly fit for an old lady. Welcome! You can do it.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group.. Here u will find decent honest people who are happy to support & to be supported
  • biccielover
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies good to have this group a pleasant surprise
  • grandmakathy58
    grandmakathy58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and fat.... could you a buddy to work with as well.... wanna?
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 54 and taking time for me. Anything is possible, the questions I ask myself: Am I willing to do what it takes? Is it kind and loving? What can I learn from this experience? If you are in Northern VA join me - when the weather cooperates, I walk across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. For me it's a tough walk (5-6 miles). When I'm finished, I'm tired, sweaty and just gross, yet I feel like a true champion. :)
  • biccielover
    Options
    Yes will encourage each other
  • grandmakathy58
    grandmakathy58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well then, I tend to do a bit better when there is someone to be accountable to except me.... just having a "buddy" kind of gives me that accountability... thanks!
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good to see other "old" people here. I'm 55 and exercising more than I have in years. Having fun too. Mom216, you seem to have a large tongue, lol.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What are we waiting for? Seriously?
  • marekdds
    Options
    WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and working on becoming fit. Dropped 29 pounds so far. Accountability has been key for me. I have some great MFP buddies who help keep me on the straight and narrow. Logging my food has been a tremendous help for me. Welcome Biccielover!
  • biccielover
    Options
    Thank you , yes find i,m getting used to diary was a bit fiddly at first but sorting myself out now ,well done on your weight loss
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for like minded individuals to walk this weight loss journey with. So far it has been very hard to find. One group I tried to become involved with on this site were just down right mean. So I dropped them and have been basically on my own.

Anyone wanting to become friends and accountability partners?
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    dia_nruf wrote: »
    I too am looking for like minded individuals to walk this weight loss journey with. So far it has been very hard to find. One group I tried to become involved with on this site were just down right mean. So I dropped them and have been basically on my own.

Anyone wanting to become friends and accountability partners?

count me in :)
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll be 51 in August and started with MFP (again) in April. I have lost 11 pounds so far but have a long way to go (100+ to lose). I have let myself go over the years with raising children and moving to a new state. Some medications have helped add some pounds as well, but it's mostly just me eating what I shouldn't and not exercising like I should. When I was younger (pre children days) I used to workout at least 5 days a week and ate a very strict diet. Once the kiddies came along time for working out went out the window and I fought the battle of the bulge every year adding more and more pounds. I am working with a nutritionist and my doctor to lose weight and get healthy. I do not want any surgery for weight loss (that just scares me) and no diet pills. Just old fashioned watching what I eat and eating less of it along with getting a little exercise in. I can use all the motivation and support I can get as I have a long road ahead. Feel free to friend me if you'd like support from me as well.
  • biccielover
    Options
    They do say small steps 11lbs loss is good , i know what you mean it creeps up and up i feel if i do,nt do something now i never will happy to give you support
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm also here for a good time. I like the people and the discussions too!
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is what I did, sat in the stands watching 4 kids play soccer age 5 thru college, (26 years), Got really fat.