graduating myself and SO PROUD!

Options
maggiekat7
maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
i ran my w9d1 this morning. we're in the midst of a heat wave here, so it was already 20C when i left at 6.30 and i didn't intend to run more than the 30 minutes required. i've been doing the c25k by time as well, and figured i would just take the week to build up to a final run of 5k.

but, yay me! i kept running when prompted to cool down. i ran 2 more minutes and completed my FIRST 5K!

**** 5.04 km 31:59 min ****
:):):)

i'm not a bragging-type of person, but i'm exceptionally proud of myself for this run. i never would have thought my 40-something self would ever, ever be capable of accomplishing this, especially since i was a SUCH a couch potato. downloading the c25k app on my phone and sticking with it was one of the best things i've ever done for myself.

10K, here i come!

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and well done, what other self imposed barriers are you now going to crush. Ceci, taeliesyn and me are over at the http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/526-bridge-to-10k If you want to join in please drop in, you will be most welcome
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!! Your time is outstanding. Congratulations! I might see you on the b210k message boards soon. Not that I want to run a 10k but i do want to keep running.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I will be at the B210K too :)
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @maggiekat7 you inspired me to run a 5k today. I did it too! I downloaded b210k app. I'm super excited about intervals the first few weeks.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Excellent time!
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! Great time!!
  • eyethree
    eyethree Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I graduated today. I'll be starting B25K this week. Glad to see there's a group for that too. I can't believe I did it, nine weeks ago was tough now I'm running 3 miles straight.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    thanks, all! see you soon on the b210k! @fit4life_73, bravo! feels so good to run that 5k, doesn't it?! @eyethree - congrats on graduating!
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And in 32 minutes . . . That's an INCREDIBLE first 5k time!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    i ran my w9d1 this morning. we're in the midst of a heat wave here, so it was already 20C when i left at 6.30 and i didn't intend to run more than the 30 minutes required. i've been doing the c25k by time as well, and figured i would just take the week to build up to a final run of 5k.

but, yay me! i kept running when prompted to cool down. i ran 2 more minutes and completed my FIRST 5K!

**** 5.04 km 31:59 min ****
    :):):)

i'm not a bragging-type of person, but i'm exceptionally proud of myself for this run. i never would have thought my 40-something self would ever, ever be capable of accomplishing this, especially since i was a SUCH a couch potato. downloading the c25k app on my phone and sticking with it was one of the best things i've ever done for myself.

10K, here i come!

CONGRATULATIONS! You did it!!! :smiley:

*sound of much cheering and whooping*

I did an almost identical time and distance- 5.1 km in 32 mins 40. But I think my GPS was slightly out, so I'm going to see if I can repeat the feat before I feel confident enough to post my success!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, congratulations!!!