Breakfast ideas thats not eggs

Options
I am struggling to find breakfast foods that are not eggs every day. We have chickens and an endless supply of eggs, but after about a month of eggs every morning (all different ways and ingredients) i need a change!
I've been having the Atkins meal replacement bars for the last 3 weeks which i don't hate. However, i have also not been loosing since starting to have the bars for breakfast. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any inspiration or personal favorites is much appreciated!

Replies

• greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I eat anything for breakfast - leftovers from dinner, salads, nuts. Nobody says breakfast has to be "breakfast"!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I like burgers or steak for breakfast.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs, so I feel you there. I actually do greek yogurt with just a little bit of berries, keto granola, and homemade coconut chips. I've also just had meat and cheese, nuts, olives. I had to work to get past the idea that breakfast had to be breakfast foods. It was a lot easier after that.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just a meal. No rules. My favorite breakfast as a kid was grilled cheese. Now I just eat whatever sounds good to me at the time, bacon, chicken, cheese, nuts, or just BPC.
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of sausage or brats. I also make a great almond flour pancake with butter. Eggs bore me too after awhile so it does help to mix things up a bit. The Atkins bars IMO do stall weight loss. I ate those and the shakes in the beginning and as soon as I ditched those I started losing again. The best advice is to think outside the box where breakfast is concerned.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What about fish....smoked salmon and cream cheese. Smoked mackerel, kippers or cold cuts such as pastrami with grilled cheese, chicken slices with melted cheese.....
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Not super low-carb but yummy.

Pretend Strawberry Yogurt

1 to 2 oz cream cheese
    1/3 c HWC
    Liquid sweetener (4-5 drops)
    2 or 3 strawberries

Chuck in blender or use a stick blender. Don't over blend.
    If you only have a blender, I recommend making 4 or 5 servings at once b/c it's a PITA to get out of it. Use more cream cheese if you want it thicker. Doesn't seem like it would be so filling but I love it. You could do other berries or add vanilla extract for vanilla yogurt or cocoa powder to make it chocolate. Makes a great cheesecake in its thicker iteration.

Now I've got to make some for breakfast. I want to add protein powder, ice and a smidge water and try it out as a smoothie. :smile:
  • grean326
    grean326 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! I made a video of some good low carb breakfast ideas.

Check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7if6Uo5fI
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that! I've started making smoothies for some mornings. Recipe is below. You can adjust the amounts to make it lower carb if needed. It's very satisfying.

Avocado Smoothie

1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup avocado
    2 cups baby spinach
    6 strawberries
    1/4 cup blueberries
    Ice

26 total carbs/15 net carbs
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    We also have chickens so get a dozen eggs a day (and our chicks aren't even laying yet!!). So we eat a lot of eggs. Lol

I have been doing a smoothie in the morning. I take 1/2 avacado, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a squirt of liquid stevia. Sometimes i add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Blend it all up and its delicious. :)

Another thing I've heard is to treat breakfast like meal #1. Get rid of your idea of breakfast. Eat what you want. A few days ago I cooked up bacon and stuffed it inside a lettuce leaf with turkey meat and mayo. It was good and not the typical breakfast items.

I wonder if we can hide eggs in a smoothie? ;) seriously....we have 8 dozen eggs in the freezer. Going to make pickled eggs tonight but will still be left with a few dozen.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    We also have chickens so get a dozen eggs a day (and our chicks aren't even laying yet!!). So we eat a lot of eggs. Lol

I have been doing a smoothie in the morning. I take 1/2 avacado, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a squirt of liquid stevia. Sometimes i add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Blend it all up and its delicious. :)

Another thing I've heard is to treat breakfast like meal #1. Get rid of your idea of breakfast. Eat what you want. A few days ago I cooked up bacon and stuffed it inside a lettuce leaf with turkey meat and mayo. It was good and not the typical breakfast items.

I wonder if we can hide eggs in a smoothie? ;) seriously....we have 8 dozen eggs in the freezer. Going to make pickled eggs tonight but will still be left with a few dozen.

Putting the eggs in your coffee (primal) which includes hot recipes and frozen ones - so I would imagine you can include it in the smoothie, you'd just have to do the prep to heat the eggs in hot beverage of choice to kill the bacteria. Frozen ones are in the second link.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee-frappe/

To me, OP, this doesn't taste like eggs, but custard. And I don't use coffee, I use tea because I don't like coffee. I do 2 eggs in my tea M-F. I could easily make it 3 eggs, depending on size.

Also, there are several LC recipes that include using eggs to make faux-ice cream, but you could change the flavor profile to make it savory or far less sweet so it would be a breakfast style treat.

I got burned out BADLY on eggs when I first started this WOE, but the eggs in my tea don't bother me.

Also, ibreathei'mhungry.com has an egg fast plan that includes using egg for cream cheese pancakes and for noodles, etc., so there are other ways to use them, too.

Good luck!
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know you said no eggs but have you tried cream cheese pancakes? You can add sweetener and cinnamon and eat them like pancakes, use all the mix and make a big "pancake" for a quesadilla, make bacon sandwiches with a little avocado, put some lox, cream cheese, and capers in a couple... etc. Super good and you can make almost any sandwich with them too.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    eggs fried in organic butter. Remember to pour the remaining butter over the eggs. These are days when I don't add bacon.
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I know you said no eggs but have you tried cream cheese pancakes? You can add sweetener and cinnamon and eat them like pancakes, use all the mix and make a big "pancake" for a quesadilla, make bacon sandwiches with a little avocado, put some lox, cream cheese, and capers in a couple... etc. Super good and you can make almost any sandwich with them too.

I just made those cream cheese pancakes but I doubled the recipe and added a 1/4 cup of almond flour. They are delicious and you could add in fruit or avocado or whatever.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I sautee chicken or steak (usually leftovers) and greens. Heat up some coconut oil or avocado oil, add some ginger and garlic, then add the meat and greens.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    LOL I see the consensus seems to be "eat eggs anyway!" ;)

For breakfast, I sometimes make a chicken salad on Sunday that I can nom on all week. I also LOVE to grill myself a bit of chuck steak. Grill half a pound steak, eat half and leftovers for breakfast tomorrow! I'll put a dab of kerrygold butter on top, because butter dammit.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I've eaten fish for breakfast before, as well as chicken, steak (with or without chopping it up and mixing into scrambled eggs ;)), protein powder & MCT oil (or butter or cream or coconut oil) in my coffee, apples with peanut butter (may not be in your carb range), straight bacon (cold or warm, I'm not picky), leftover burgers, leftover sausage, breakfast sausage, and nuts.
  • JennyToy1
    JennyToy1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Chia Breakfast Custard

2 tablespoons chia seeds
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    1 egg yolk
    liquid stevia extract
    1 pinch salt

This recipe turns on one simple act of preparation: The evening before, put two tablespoons of chia seeds in a small bowl and stir in the water. Stick 'em in the fridge, and go to bed.

Okay, it's morning. Grab a cup of coffee or tea, and pull your chia seeds out of the fridge. Stir them up with a fork, to break up clumps.

Pour your cream into a glass measuring cup. Now add the egg yolk -- throw the white into the dog's breakfast. Life's too short to spend worrying about creative things to do with the leftover egg white. Use your fork to stir the cream and the egg yolk together quite well. Stir in the liquid stevia extract and the salt -- I used 10 drops each of French Vanilla (NOW brand) and English Toffee (Sweet Leaf brand).

Now pour the cream-and-yolk mixture into your chia seeds, and stir the whole thing up with your fork, again, breaking up any clumps. Makes sure you stir all the way down to the bottom -- it helps to use a glass custard cup you can see through, so that you can spot any clumps of unincorporated chia seed.

Put your chia custard in the microwave and give it 1 minute on power 5. Stir it, and give it one more minute, again on power 5. Done!

I add a handful of sugar-free chocolate chips to mine, but that's up to you. A drizzle of sugar-free pancake syrup might be nice, or a dusting of cinnamon.
    *****you can just let it sit in the fridge for about an hour if you forgot to leave it out overnight. i got this recipe from:
    http://holdthetoast.com/content/quick-hot-comforting-nutritious-low-carb-breakfast-chia-breakfast-custard

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    This morning I had (beef) meatballs and mushrooms for breakfast I have never liked conventional breakfast foods.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I love tuna mixed with Patak's Hot Lime Pickle in a lettuce leaf like a burrito. I also like gluten free pizza for breakfast hot out of the oven, but it's not exactly low carb, >:)